Discuss Anyone supply an idiots guide to DIY powerflushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first of all,do you need a power flush,believe BG and everything requires power flushing,there is a thread on here
What is the problem with the heating
Is it a sealed system or open vented
puddle you're digging out BG engineers again! BG don't do that at all and BG do not refuse ANYONE a contract on the grounds they have sludge, quite the contrary. I as an engineer would point the issues out, because that's best advice, which I'd hope everyone would give. This contract would be refused due to a safety issue or a poor access / install issue. There's always an underlying thread of nastiness against BG engineers who tower over the vast majority of petty snipers . You're a moderator mate and generally do a fine job but you're letting your guard down

puddle you're digging out BG engineers again! BG don't do that at all and BG do not refuse ANYONE a contract on the grounds they have sludge, quite the contrary. I as an engineer would point the issues out, because that's best advice, which I'd hope everyone would give. This contract would be refused due to a safety issue or a poor access / install issue. There's always an underlying thread of nastiness against BG engineers who tower over the vast majority of petty snipers . You're a moderator mate and generally do a fine job but you're letting your guard down

Sorry but have to disagree here as the last few customers I have done CH work for all have said that they were refused a BG contract as they would not have their power flush done at an extra cost of ÂŁ680-ÂŁ800. Plus if they had the PF done by another company then it was still a no go. Its not the BG engineers who are at fault it's BG's policy that is being questioned here.

HSS hire out Pro Flush machines for ÂŁ77.45, less ÂŁ20 online booking discount, plus VAT.

An instruction leaflet comes with the machine, but manufacturer's instructions here:-

[DLMURL]http://proflush.co.uk/images/uploads/Proflush_Professional_Operating_Instructions.pdf[/DLMURL]

It's easy enough to do, being a boring and monotonous job, but if it saves paying BG that kind of money, then relish the saving.

If you have a vented system with a small water tank in the loft, make sure the vent pipe is capped, and the tank feed is plugged, otherwise you could end up with a very wet loft and soggy ceilings. Also, make sure he cleans the tank out well - I take it you will be supervising the work ;-)

But before you hire the machine I suggest you fire up your heating, get your radiators really hot, and feel for evenness of temperature across the front panels, particularly top to bottom. If there is no great difference top to bottom, ie. not much colder lower down, and no general cold spots, then a mains flush may be enough.

Either way you'll need some of this:-

Just been using it myself and it seems as good as the more expensive big brands...

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/no-nonsense-central-heating-inhibitor-cleaner-2-x-500ml/82140

BTW, Help-link are cheaper than BG for full system cover, and they will actually service your boiler, whereas BG just do an annual gas check

Central Heating & Boiler Breakdown Cover | Help-Link

Last edited by a moderator:
powerflushing against mains cold
powerflushing has a better flow rate
powerflushing does not dilute the chemicals this is most important maybee the first rad will be ok with mains but after that all your cleaner will be washed out

Whats peoples views on using Magnacleans device ?

very good when using alongside a powerflush machine, not so good on its own. the kamco one its better because its a window into the system ie. its transparent.

The first thing BG tell everyone is that they need a power flush - ÂŁ700!

9 times out of 10 it does not solve the problem . .. .

Its a bit of of plumbing myth that has built up all kinds of weird ideas about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone supply an idiots guide to DIY powerflushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hi all, I bled the rads last night and now we have no hot water/CH. So that was a job well done :) Anyway I looked at the boiler and the pressure...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
S
Sealed or Vented? We want to hire a plumber to install a new heating and plumbing in our home. It seems that before we can get proper quotes or...
Replies
Views
M
Powerflushed a system today for a new combi to go in, coming out was an old open vented pumped central heating system with a multipoint for the...
Replies
Views
P
Hello! I have a Vailant TurboMax (VUW 242/282) boiler at our place. Recently, I had to replace a radiator and hence had to drain the system...
Replies
Views
D
Apologies for an amateur posting on here but I'm trying to get some information before paying out a lot of money. Sealed system. Biasi boiler...
Replies
Views
Back