Discuss Anyone supply an idiots guide to DIY powerflushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
power flushing using mains water or a hired machine is quite easy but beware british gas still may not take your system on a contract - i have flushed systems for customers and bg have refused to take them on contract as they did not flush them and thats what they require -they want to make the money to cover the contract lol

ant

Forget British Gas. Their prices are way over the top. Your local established plumber / heating engineer will be more than happy to help and many will be happy to set up a maintenance contract if you really want one.

If the system is heavily sludged it needs a system cleaner chemical in for a dew days first to losen deposits or you are wasting your time flushing.

Forget British Gas. Their prices are way over the top. Your local established plumber / heating engineer will be more than happy to help and many will be happy to set up a maintenance contract if you really want one.

If the system is heavily sludged it needs a system cleaner chemical in for a dew days first to losen deposits or you are wasting your time flushing.

I would always advise to flush the system and then fit a magnetic filter then BG cannot say the system is sludged up.

Because the sludge needs chemcals to break it down so that it can be removed. Also its a good idea to do it when the system is warm.
Been looking at the guys videos and some of them are really good.

If BG wrote a book about powerflushing they would probably charge ÂŁ700 for it

Photo0058.jpgPhoto0054.jpgPhoto0056.jpgPhoto0053.jpgPhoto0059.jpgPhoto0055.jpgPhoto0057.jpg Just a few pictures of us powerflushing a job the other day, we got some sludge out has you can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone supply an idiots guide to DIY powerflushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hi all, I bled the rads last night and now we have no hot water/CH. So that was a job well done :) Anyway I looked at the boiler and the pressure...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
S
Sealed or Vented? We want to hire a plumber to install a new heating and plumbing in our home. It seems that before we can get proper quotes or...
Replies
Views
M
Powerflushed a system today for a new combi to go in, coming out was an old open vented pumped central heating system with a multipoint for the...
Replies
Views
P
Hello! I have a Vailant TurboMax (VUW 242/282) boiler at our place. Recently, I had to replace a radiator and hence had to drain the system...
Replies
Views
D
Apologies for an amateur posting on here but I'm trying to get some information before paying out a lot of money. Sealed system. Biasi boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock