Discuss Durco Valve Prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seaspray

I am new here and looking to buy a durco valve so i can remove the internal cast iron pipe running up the inside wall of my bathroom. How come at B&Q it costs £53 and at Allbits Plumbing it is £19.99 ? Is there a difference in the types of valves that causes the different price.

martin

Last edited by a moderator:
i suppose like everything else the quality of the unit effects price but the diff you have quoted sems very high for this item, generally i dont really find B&Q price anything low, but then again they are open late and sat, sun, so if you are stuck and need a small item to finish a job they are satisfying a requirement, ( i do hate paying £3 for something i know i can get during the day for £0.99, but heyho if i was better organised)however for planned work i would always shop around the merchants and online to organise the best price available

i suppose like everything else the quality of the unit effects price but the diff you have quoted sems very high for this item, generally i dont really find B&Q price anything low, but then again they are open late and sat, sun, so if you are stuck and need a small item to finish a job they are satisfying a requirement, ( i do hate paying £3 for something i know i can get during the day for £0.99, but heyho if i was better organised)however for planned work i would always shop around the merchants and online to organise the best price available
and it doesnt matter how big your van is i had to go and get a bent multiquick yesterday dispite having a selection of 9 in the van(had to be the squidgy one as hard one wouldnt squash in

I am new here and looking to buy a durco valve so i can remove the internal cast iron pipe running up the inside wall of my bathroom. How come at B&Q it costs £53 and at Allbits Plumbing it is £19.99 ? Is there a difference in the types of valves that causes the different price.

martin

if this is the only soil vented to outside, you may live to regret putting a durco on it as they often fail - open and it stinks closed and your bog wont flush properly:(

I think you guys are talking about a Durgo or AAV. Durco is a new one for me. These products are all much the same the B&Q version is a Marley most merchants will sell a Polypipe, Osma or MacAlpine. Plumb cCentre will also sell Marley. So take you pick but shop around and get the cheapest one. B&Q are just ripping you off at that price it is a DIY store for those with no idea.

If this is you only vent pipe it ought to be vented to outside you may wich to re-consider your options. can you not take it externally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Durco Valve Prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I
Hi, This is my first post so go easy. Upstairs in my house I currently have a main bathroom, with soil pipe that is in the bathroom (boxed...
Replies
Views
J
I have a downstairs toilet which has a 90 degree pan connector with boss, and until a few months ago also had the washing machine outlet connected...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
hi everyone , Im new on these forums , had my first post on the gas forum , so totally new to this one. I have been out to quote a bathroom...
Replies
Views
T
T
Please see the attached photos of a leak in a pipe next to my hot water tank. Can this be fixed with a simple drop of sealant (or other DIY...
Replies
Views
Blackcatgas
B
Only done one full bathroom to date. Went well but obviously being my first took it out of me a bit. Got possible 2nd one to quote on shortly. She...
Replies
Views
Back