Discuss bathroom install , price ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

larsson67

Gas Engineer
hi everyone ,

Im new on these forums , had my first post on the gas forum , so totally new to this one. I have been out to quote a bathroom install which involves the following:

· Remove existing toilet, bath, basin & shower.
· Remove existing radiator & cap off pipework under floor void upstairs.
· Re-route hot & cold feeds & waste for new bath.
· Chase out wall for re-routing of pipework for new shower.
· Drain down heating system and tee into flow & return for new radiator.
· Install new boxed in toilet & basin vanity unit.
· Install new bath with new overhead shower & glass shower/bath screen.
· Install new outside waste for bath & basin.
· Disposal of old bathroom suite and old radiator.

Pricing the job is where ive come unstuck, after working for a big industrial/commercial heating and plumbing company for 8 years ive never had to work out the cost of anything, i was thinking around the £800-1000 mark for labour + fuel
any advice on how i could go about pricing it up , or if im too high or too low would be much appreciated

Easiest way is to take each of those tasks above, calculate in days how long each will take then multiply by your day rate. So if you reckon 8 days and you're charging £100 a day then £800 seems on target. If it was me I wouldn't be charging for fuel, unless you're about two hours away from the job, as this should be part of your day rate.

Easiest way is to take each of those tasks above, calculate in days how long each will take then multiply by your day rate. So if you reckon 8 days and you're charging £100 a day then £800 seems on target. If it was me I wouldn't be charging for fuel, unless you're about two hours away from the job, as this should be part of your day rate.

thanks alot for the advice
there is going to be 2 of us , and we were thinking maybe 3days 4 at the most, so i guess thats virtually equal to the £100 a day rate for 1 person at 8 days

If you're unsure I'd suggest an estimate of a full week for the both of you. If you're done in 3-4 days that's great for the customer but if you over run then at least you're not under too much pressure.

It's easy for me to say from my armchair - I've not seen the job and don't know exactly what's involved so don't feel you have to agree with me.

As a very general, ballpark figure, if asked over the phone I'd say about 1000-12 hundred, all in. But it's when you see the job that you spot all the things that are going to give you grief. Or not, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bathroom install , price ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back