• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - DIY Plumbing Forum for DIY Plumbers, Weekend Warriors, and other plumbers of all types. Whether you're having a bathroom remodelled or just replacing a washer, this is where DIYers post..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Forum - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

D
got a new washing maching delivered this morning (old one taken away). all was going well with the installation, until i went to connect up the...
Replies
Views
rpm
EligijusB
Hi all, need help with my bedroom radiator. Every time the heat is on, this annoying trickling sound is coming from inside the radiator. I tried...
Replies
Views
EligijusB
EligijusB
Bigvic2000
I am trying to replace existing outside ball valve, but I am having trouble figuring out if the existing pipe is pvc or cpvc. The existing pipe...
Replies
Views
Gasmk1
C
We have just moved into a steel framed house and we are replacing the old copper system with push fit. Our fourth bedroom has a steel beam running...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
Bazza1687
Hello, I have just installed a new shower which works well, however if you open a hot tap anywhere else in the house the shower runs cold, however...
Replies
Views
John.g
J
E
I'm after some advice. I am looking to move our flush from the right side to the left, so that we can cover exposed pipes on the right. There is...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
R
  • Question
I am trying to locate a Boiler thermostat sensor for an Ideal Classic FF370.Not having much luck.Does anyone know where I might find one; or a...
Replies
Views
C
MarkWillGreen
Hi All, Thanks for your time. Planning a complete house refurb, where the utility/WC/bathrooms sit right next to the riser which will take the...
Replies
Views
Timmy D
T
Geolo85
Contractor sub (who evidently was not a plumber) installed my new single kitchen sink and garbage disposal. With water running, water fills to top...
Replies
Views
Geolo85
Geolo85
D
Hi all, My shower, toilet, and hotpress are all on the same wall in a small apartment bathroom. The wall is 1,860 mm in width. I bought a Stuart...
Replies
Views
Ric2013
R
J
Our newly bought house doesnt have a filter on the combi and most of the radiators (microbore) dont heat up at the bottom which im putting down to...
Replies
Views
Undertrained
U
J
Easi Heat 25Ci. plus. Runs well and no codes on panel. Responds to DHW as it should. Same for CH. New in December last. The boiler is warm, and...
Replies
Views
JohnHuson
J
W
Hi, I have valiant combi boiler I'm getting hot water from my kitchen tap and hot water from my bathroom sink tap however lukewarm water from the...
Replies
Views
Bob at sea
B
A
Hello Everyone, I've just taken over a property that I lived in with a relative, following his recent passing. Trying my best to enhance the...
Replies
Views
SimonG
SimonG
B
Hi, trying to remove copper pipe from sprinkler back flow. Used blow torch to soften solder. Did not melt what ever they used on connection. What...
Replies
Views
gmartine
gmartine
A
Replacing bathroom towel radiator, while I‘m at it was going to change the valves for new ones, however this bottom nut is completely stuck…. Any...
Replies
Views
Abbiel123
A
S
I have an older Geberit, installed in 2009 (see photo). All the videos that I can find are about much newer models. No matter where I set the fill...
Replies
Views
Seamus999
S
P
Hi all, I would appreciate some help - I have an outdoor tap that leaks around the spindle. However there isn’t anywhere to tighten it/take apart...
Replies
Views
fourtytwo
F
M
Hi, A bit of background first I have a air source heat pump, downstairs is all underfloor heating and controlled by individual room thermostats...
Replies
Views
michaelsage
M
nrgopks
  • Question
I purchased a SharkBite ice maker connection kit. The kit came with an adapter to connect 1/4" (3/8" OD) PEX to 1/4" compression fitting. I...
Replies
Views
Undertrained
U
B
I have moved into a property with a Gledhill SysteMate 2000 and not much clue as to how it operates! I am also considering installing solar...
Replies
Views
Murdoch
M
H
I'm needing to replace a Drayton Mid Position valve Actuator, code MA1. The failed one is 3-wire (red, green, black) but all the new ones I've...
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
H
I am going to replace my toilet pan soon. I have got an elongated bidet seat available if I want it, but I can't find a suitable pan here in the...
Replies
Views
hamfist
H
P
There is a small area of discolouration on the kitchen ceiling beneath where the bath is located. I first noticed this a few weeks ago. Can...
Replies
Views
Undertrained
U
J
Hello, we just moved into a house in the Netherlands and are struggling to fit our washing machine. We have a Samsung washing machine with the...
Replies
Views
James in Netherlands
J
B
When I disconnected my natural gas cooktop this part was split in two. I have been to big box hardware store and they don't know what it is. Any...
Replies
Views
Blumounter
B
R
I have a freestanding bath with claw feet. The overflow pipe, low level u bend and waste pipe are all chrome and above floor level. How do I...
Replies
Views
RoyWin
R
B
Hi, First time doing a bathroom remodel - took out bath to replace with shower but the bath waste is too high and I want to do a wetroom style...
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
R
I have a freestanding bath with claw feet, the overflow, shallow waste and outlet are all exposed and chrome. The pipework will then go under the...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
R
  • Question
I would like to fit a full bore quarter turn valve that takes 25mm MDPE on the inlet and 22mm copper on the other side. I can't seem to find one...
Replies
Views
robin4648
R
T
Hi, seeking some advice on a Rayburn and control of hot water. Leaving out a very long story, my mothers house is about 200 miles away from me...
Replies
Views
ThePhoenix
T
Chrisbarber
We recently, about 2 days ago, started getting water hammer from using the washing machine, this has been fixed by attaching an arrestor to the...
Replies
Views
Undertrained
U
D
Hello all, I have an upstairs bathroom with a Triton electric shower that reduces to a freezing trickle if any taps are turn on elsewhere in the...
Replies
Views
drodbar
D
nvneplumber
I have a draft Idea to connect water level control valve in series with ram pump . This setup will be inside inlet of loft tank. The Idea is to...
Replies
Views
nvneplumber
nvneplumber
C
  • Question
Hello all, My Redring California electric shower (Model no. 53-553540) is no longer working and I am trying to find a replacement that will mean...
Replies
Views
Undertrained
U
P
Just had a lovely Viessmann 222-F installed along with a HUGE 5.5kw triple panel radiator, almost next to it, to heat three rooms knocked into...
Replies
Views
SJB060685
SJB060685
B
Hi all, I'm new to this site and have basic knowledge of plumbing. I'm trying to fit a water pump on the floor of my cupboard to increase the...
Replies
Views
benlondon2022
B
L
Evening all.. can anyone help me please?? :) today I cut & reconnected both the hot and cold feeds in the kitchen due to new position of sink. Ive...
Replies
Views
SJB060685
SJB060685
V
How to open this toilet pipe please? I need to retrieve a key I dropped down here. I think its sitting in the grooves of the flexible pipe. Will...
Replies
Views
Last Plumber
Last Plumber
K
Hi Guys, I have discovered leak from some safety outside my house and have no idea what it causes it. Any ideas please?
Replies
Views
SJB060685
SJB060685
Post a New Thread / Question

Newest Threads (Please Reply)

New Threads