• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - DIY Plumbing Forum for DIY Plumbers, Weekend Warriors, and other plumbers of all types. Whether you're having a bathroom remodelled or just replacing a washer, this is where DIYers post..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Forum - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Wellss
Morning All After some advise on repairing a sink waste that goes into the toilet pan, which goes straight into soil stack. Had bathroom done 2...
Replies
Views
Wellss
Bogart
Yes I know is a bit basic the header but have been milling this over for ages. Needs doing now as autumn approaching. I need to take a feed off a...
Replies
Views
Bogart
O
Hi all The valve on this pipe (blue) is broken. We are moving out soon and I need the right cap to stop the pipe once we remove our washing...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
C
9-21-22 Hi All: I have always appreciated your comments and troubleshooting recommendations. If I may ask for your thoughts on the following...
Replies
Views
crained
C
P
Hi, I have a dry blue plastic water pipe emerging in my detached garage. I have no idea where it originates from. I’m guessing it must be...
Replies
Views
snowhead
snowhead
N
Hi all, I have a mechanical timer (5 wire not including ground) by the boiler for heating & water and a thermostat in the living room. The...
Replies
Views
Harvest Fields
Harvest Fields
thedoomguy6312
Hi all, Would value your input. I have recently replaced a boiler with an airsource heat pump. The heat pump feeds ground floor and 1st floor...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
S
  • Question
Hi I’ve got a very slow filling toilet which upon opening the cistern is due to the water coming very slowly out of the pipe and into the...
Replies
Views
Scoocs
S
brendawest
How can you fix a clogged pipe that is half way inside the wall? Should i call the plumber?
Replies
Views
William Norman
W
Tinribs
Hi all, trying to replace a Victorian mixer tap head for bath as old one getting stiff. I've got cap off and taken screw out however can't remove...
Replies
Views
William Norman
W
P
Just replaced taps on bath so kids can get a shower in bath as well ,worked fine to started with then water wasn't hot so took them back and...
Replies
Views
William Norman
W
H
I have a gas boiler in the kitchen which heats the water to the upstairs immersion heater/tank. Last night, my girlfriend and I had a bath each...
Replies
Views
C
W
I have an oil heating system, and also I have an open coal fire , the coal fire also heats the water through a back boiler and a neutralising tank...
Replies
Views
SimonG
SimonG
R
Help. This is the second time the fibre washer on the ball valve inlet has split and flooded the house. It's a recent tank. First time tit...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
C
Hi, I'm at a loss and need your help. I have the attached mixer. Water is leaking from the seal (yellow arrow) I figured this is a washer...
Replies
Views
Undertrained
U
N
Just looking for some advice, I have just fitted a new kitchen sink and both water pressures are the same in hot and cold on the mixer tap, both...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
Bronwyn04
  • Question
I have just had a new kitchen sink installed, and the plumber filled it to the top and told me not to use it for 48 hours to ensure the sealant...
Replies
Views
adomas
A
P
Fortic tank is overflowing,plumber replaced ballcock, no change. Came back and says immersion heater thermostat needs replacing? Water appears to...
Replies
Views
Pipeandthings
P
C
I have some Draton TRV4 thermo valves and one of them is failing. I wont buy another so can anyone recommend a quality radiator thermostat from...
Replies
Views
Collinsp82
C
M
Hi sorry bit of an odd query here. With the increases in energy costs now and in the future we are trying to find any way to reduce our exposure...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
B
Hi. Would be really grateful for some help with this. I am trying to replace the fill unit in my toilet and the only way I can see that this would...
Replies
Views
Julie Street
J
I
Hello, I have a question that is essentially how best do I join a washer waste onto an existing horizontal waste? I have attached a drawing which...
Replies
Views
exedon2
exedon2
P
Is there such a thing as a 45mm waste water pipe diverter please? Looking to split a 45mm waste PVC external pipe to pass water to a container for...
Replies
Views
rpm
B
This basin tap needs a washer change. How do I get in it?
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
S
  • Question
Hi, once I've taken the screw out, how do I get at the O ring on these taps?
Replies
Views
rpm
F
Hi everybody, what's the best way of replacing this leaking & corroded yorkshire T under the floorboards ?? Along with many other things in this...
Replies
Views
fourtytwo
F
R
Hello! I'm Canadian so you may wonder what I'm doing on a UK plumbing forum. I'm basically just here to learn the British term for a tool that...
Replies
Views
Knappers
K
O
Hi all, Hope you're well. Anyone any ideas... randomly 2 of our toilets started backing up when flushed (2 on same stack 1st floor and ground...
Replies
Views
OddJobRob
O
J
Novice here - Looking to switch out the arm and head on an existing over-bath shower. The old head seems to have been a push fit however the new...
Replies
Views
Jon123
J
F
I have three cold water tanks (2*cw + ch header) on a platform roughly 1M above the loft floor, I have not encountered this arrangement before and...
Replies
Views
fourtytwo
F
A
Hi, When running 50mm waste to the stack, how do I get it so the 50mm does not have to be so far from the wall? As the offset at the stack...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
F
I have a CH system where the downstairs is divided in two connected by pipes upstairs. One half has a drain valve downstairs that allows me to...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
S
Fitted these new bathroom taps yesterday. Hooked them up to 15mm pipe work which is on a gravity fed system. Upon first use it was obvious the...
Replies
Views
fourtytwo
F
philw67
  • Solved
This is a picture of the heating setup in our loft. It's all relatively new and I was wondering why we have two enormous cylinders? One is for hot...
Replies
Views
philw67
philw67
S
Hi, I've noticed a slight weeping from the hot feed to my cloakroom tap. Does anyone know how this seals? Is it a rubber gasket between the...
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
M
  • Question
So bit of an odd one right. I have 2 pipes, to the rad a flow/return. I cut the flow/return and capped the flow. I went to fill up the...
Replies
Views
mgrover
M
L
background: I have 15 radiators 20+ years old with no thermostatic valves and Bosch instructions depend on replacing the actuator part only of old...
Replies
Views
snowhead
snowhead
M
  • Question
About twenty years ago, we had an extension built with a utility room for washing machine and tumble dryer. We've been through four or five...
Replies
Views
Timmy D
T
C
I'm struggling to post any words here. Apologies for the brevity - can anything be done with the attached to save me having to replace the full...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
F
I'm working on a Quooker Flex tap with an unreliable tap-and-twist steam control. I think its the little PCB in the tap head. I've got a...
Replies
Views
Alan J
A
Post a New Thread / Question

Newest Threads (Please Reply)

New Threads