Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
  • Question
is it feasible to connect a flo force or saniflo shower pump drain to a washing machine standpipe
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I'm working on a Quooker Flex tap with an unreliable tap-and-twist steam control. I think its the little PCB in the tap head. I've got a replacement but I'm unsure of the process for removing and replacing the PCB. It is sandwiched between the brass core of the tap and the stainless case. It...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, after using bottom 2 to refill system. Should the 2 circled be left facing upwards Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi guys Bit of frustrating situation, I was preparing to solder a 15mm Tee by lining it up to get the positioning right, etc and it was quite tight feeding into one of the pipes. When I came to dismantle to apply flux, etc, this side has become completely stuck! I can't seem to remove it...
Replies
Views
I have discovered a very old end feed 22mm t connector under the bath is very gently weeping water. It’s in a place and with pipework that are going to make it a pig to get at and replace as it is nested between other pipes. If I drain the system would it work to heat it up and end feed some...
Replies
Views
Water Heater Screaming Sound on Cold Water Line Spring Check Valve Have this water heater for around 1 year, and it started doing this some time ago. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Replies
Views
Hi All, I want to remove the Brizo Faucet Handle ModelHL5332 to change the valve pine. There is a small leak. The handle has no screw. I wonder how to remove it so I can change the valve pine inside the handle. I don't want to put too much force and damage the handle. Can anyone give me...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My toilet flushes ok when the long flush button is pressed - but water continues to flow into the toilet bowl. No problems with the short flush. I have a Siamp Optima 50, the overflow funnel doesn’t seem to drop back down on the long flush. The short flush does all purposes but family members...
Replies
Views
Need a reliable emergency plumbing right now? Look no further than MSM Site Solutions in Slough, UK.Call US: +44 (749) 2802090 Address: 222 Knolton Way, Slough SL2 5RS, United Kingdom Email: [email protected] Website: msmsitesolutions.co.uk
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of a kitchen tap which requires the housing around the cartridge to be removed. The housing is much more than hand-tight and I was wondering if plumbers have experienced this type of tap and how the housing is removed without damaging it. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hello! We have a wobbly toilet seat… it’s a back to wall toilet and whilst one fixing is secure the other is not, and it looks like the fitter didn’t really attach it all. How do I go about fixing this please! The seat in question is from Qualitex.
Replies
Views
Why is this forum stopping me from making this thread when I try to explain the problem?
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock