• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - DIY Plumbing Forum for DIY Plumbers, Weekend Warriors, and other plumbers of all types. Whether you're having a bathroom remodelled or just replacing a washer, this is where DIYers post..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Forum - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

H
Hi, Installing 2 new bathrooms, property only had 1 bathroom and the waste went into a cast iron soil stack which has now been replaced. I...
Replies
Views
T
G
Hi, I'm really struggling to find out what part I need to use deck valves like this with a overflow bath filler. Most bath fillers seem to...
Replies
Views
ChrisB1982
ChrisB1982
m_d_r12
Hi, I am looking to install a standpipe to drain the water from the washer. I took a picture of the current set up and my plan. I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
D
we had a grant condensing boiler fitted last year, the lad works for a heating company and said would fit it. when he did he put the pipes all...
Replies
Views
exedon2
D
I'm trying to replace the intake pipe for a toilet. The current one is ridget pvc piping. I'm trying to swap it with a flexible hose to install a...
Replies
Views
R
M
I'm trying to access the inside of this tap but can't see any 'button' at the back, or similar. It's likely we'll be replacing this and the sink...
Replies
Views
monkeybrains74
M
T
Hello, just joined with a question: I’ve two self cutting taps that need removing as they’re stopping a relocated dishwasher from getting back...
Replies
Views
B
C
I recently installed weather compensation on my Ideal Vogue Max and I'm very confused by the settings menu item called "outside sensor slope"...
Replies
Views
C
W
Hi folks my partner has a Greenstar 30Si boiler, the pressure is just below 3 bar but for the past year or so water has been slowly dripping out...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
D
I have a gas boiler heating radiators and also heating an unvented cylinder. I have a Honeywell programmer which has the water heating up 1.5...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
K
  • Question
I wonder if someone can recommend me a new thermostat. Something cheap that I can just order online? I have a new wells mclain ultra indirect...
Replies
Views
Kingerna1
K
K
I am plumbing in my washing machine and the copper pipe with blue tap/switch on it has no water from it when you open it. The hot version works...
Replies
Views
KateTa
K
N
  • Solved
Hi There, I want to swap out my old valves for TRVs but the threads are different sizes, and I'm unsure how to resolve it. My current existing...
Replies
Views
Daley power
D
D
Hi there. I’ve installed a new towel radiator and I’m trying to fit the valves but I’ve come unstuck and need some help. I’ve bought new angled...
Replies
Views
C
MDDIY2022
Hi everyone, I have an outdoor open drain which runs along the side of our house and then into an underground 5" pipe which takes the water away...
Replies
Views
gmartine
gmartine
M
Fitted a towel radiator today, I ptfe taped the radiator tails, and after installation noticed the tails were leaking a tiny amount. So de-fitted...
Replies
Views
kristianB
kristianB
M
  • Question
Hi, can anyone explain why my toilet does not flush the contents away now that I have had a new cistern fitted. The plumber came back and adjusted...
Replies
Views
plumberservices
P
W
I have an Moretti Aria monobloc kitchen tap with solid tap heads and no grub screws on the tap body. How do I gain access to change the cartridges...
Replies
Views
ChrisB1982
ChrisB1982
G
I have an LG air source heat pump which is controlled by an Optimum Duostat controller This has developed a mind of its own where it ignores the...
Replies
Views
Grinzola
G
M
About to install a new Mira Platinum on a gravity fed system. The Installation Manual shows the pipework from top of hot water tank coming off at...
Replies
Views
Mike_M
M
Y
Got a streak of ice on the brickwork outside underneath the upstairs toilet cisterns overflow outlet which I only noticed as it's sub zero. Seems...
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
B
This is a follow-up to my earlier post Fitting a cistern (with frame) into a stud wall (100mm) (follow-up) and also to this post Can i connect...
Replies
Views
Bjoern
B
Bogart
After being woken up a few times by clicking pipework when heating not on looked at setup in boilerhouse. Trying to figure out why there are 2...
Replies
Views
Bogart
Bogart
Desktop987456
I have a 320 sqft double storey house with 6 bedrooms. The house is serviced by two heat only boilers (non condensing); a 120k btu (35kw) and a...
Replies
Views
Desktop987456
Desktop987456
S
I checked where to fit my essex flanges for the recirc pump after looking into the water tank. The hole cutter I have is in the pic. Are the teeth...
Replies
Views
Stevex
S
sbj_uk
I have an Insinkerator 3 in 1 boiling tap that leaks where the rotating spout meets the tap. Have tried to see if there is a key way to pull the...
Replies
Views
Biltrad01
B
K
Hi all, I'm in the process of fitting my freestanding bath. The supplied waste chrome pipe that runs into the floor is an unusual diameter -...
Replies
Views
kristeva
K
Crossfingers
Hi What are the regulations around installing a second hand oil combi boiler, am I right in saying they have to follow manufacturers instructions...
Replies
Views
exedon2
exedon2
J
Hello everyone! I purchased this steam vent valve: Hoffman Steam Air Vent 40, 1/8" Angle Steam Radiator Air Valve 401440. Installed it and the...
Replies
Views
Johndoe899
J
T
  • Question
Is it possible to isolate upstairs and down stairs showers from each other? When both shower are on one loses hot water how can this be addressed...
Replies
Views
Ben-gee
B
H
Hello, as is common with most newbies I've arrived with a problem. Our water softener is about 18 months old, a BWT WS355 in an insulated outside...
Replies
Views
HPsauce
H
B
I have tenants who 'bucket bathe' in the bath causing the silicone to fail every few months and causing leak damage - is fitting no more leak tape...
Replies
Views
ChrisB1982
ChrisB1982
tecnam2011
Hey guys, sorry if this is a daft question but ever since we've had our hotpoint washing machine the compartment on the far left (softener...
Replies
Views
John.g
J
Z
Hi all, new here, I have a Myson Hi-line RC 7-4 that doesnt seem to have any water flow. It hasn't been used since last winter and when I tried to...
Replies
Views
zely330
Z
planetf1
I have an inlet valve that is allowing some water in even when the float is raised. I wanted to check the washer - presumably diaphragm, but...
Replies
Views
planetf1
planetf1
WizPip
  • Question
Hello, I'm a fairly adept DIYer but I have an issue with my plumbing and not entirely sure what's left to check. I have an unvented indirect...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
Robjolla
Hi new to the forum here and after some advise please. I have done a garage extension and need heating in the room. I am in a town house with no...
Replies
Views
Desktop987456
Desktop987456
L
I found this main gas shutoff valve (or regulator) when traveling in colombia - any idea what make and model, or how to shut it off? I just...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
G
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows the brand of this push fit? I've tried several different searches on google but I cant find anything...
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs
orty
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
Ric2013
R
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media is a Registered Trademark.

Newest Threads (Please Reply)

New Threads