Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet keeps blocking in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Why is this forum stopping me from making this thread when I try to explain the problem?

Still won't let me explain without a message that the content is spam like, but it fails to tell me which part of what I wrote is 'spam like'!! 🤬

Attachments

• IMG20240324141030.jpg
    IMG20240324141030.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG20240324132929.jpg
    IMG20240324132929.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 25
Basically I need to know how I properly connect these pipes as the toilet was just press fitted to the waste, been blocking and gurgling since we moved in unless it was pulled slightly from the wall, but then it leaked onto the floor slightly. Any help will be much appreciated

Replace that pan connector.
You need to measure from the spigot on the pan to the back of the pan (ie the wall when the pan is in position).
And also from the wall to the soil pipe in the floor position.
This will enable you to work out how far the pan connector needs to be from the wall - you may just need a standard 90 or you may need to extend this (by pushing in a sort length of soil pipe into the 90 and then adding a straight pan connector.
Cut a block of wood to fit between the vertical pan connector and the wall to stop the pan connector being pushed back as you insert the pan.

However, the gurgling/blocking suggest there is another problem too.
This is either a blockage further down the line (lift manhole outside to check)
Or there is not an adequate vent on the drain run.

Thanks for giving you're advice on this, it's been driving me mad for months, i'll try to get one ordered tomorrow if I can figure out the correct one. As for the waste not having adequate vent on the drain run, is that a big job to rectify? All of the pipe is underground and i'm told the previous owner installed it all. I don't have much confidence that it's been done correctly tbh.

Also, sorry if I didn't understand fully, but the white pipe coming out of the ground needs to be taken out and replaced with a 90? I've seen people use flexible pipes and was hoping I could use something similar as the style of toilet makes it almost impossible to reach in to connect anything from the back.

Yes lots of people use a flexible pan connector, I just told you how I would do it - but it’s not the only way!
As to venting the drain, could be a couple of days work. But are you sure it’s not just blocked somewhere?
If previous owner did it themselves - do you have the building control certificate, which would be a fair indicator that things had been done correctly? It is notifiable work…

The lower part of the pan gasket is compromised, you might get away with giving it a good clean (gloves on) and rotating or refitting it so the top half of the gasket is now sitting on the lower half of the pan. Make sure all the fins of the gasket are in good order and standing proud and use some washing up liquid or silicone lube so it isn't dragged off or moved when inserting or adjusting pan.

Yes lots of people use a flexible pan connector, I just told you how I would do it - but it’s not the only way!
As to venting the drain, could be a couple of days work. But are you sure it’s not just blocked somewhere?
If previous owner did it themselves - do you have the building control certificate, which would be a fair indicator that things had been done correctly? It is notifiable work…
Well we got so many certificates for things that were done on the house that we could well have the one your talking about, but I would have to go through all the documents and see if it's in there. As for it having a blockage, we got someone out to clear it and it worked ok for a few days, then started gurgling and blocking again, even after deciding not to put toilet paper down the toilet. Only our 3 yr old lad has used that toilet since during his potty training. And yet the water still doesn't drain properly. But as I said, if I push the toilet towards the wall the water stayed in the bowl, pulled it out slightly and it disappeared as normal, but with a small leak on the floor. So I'm struggling to find the reason for all of this. I'm gonna try replacing that connector and see if anything improves. The pipe from the toilet doesn't look round though, should it be? And has got damaged or misshaped somehow?

The lower part of the pan gasket is compromised, you might get away with giving it a good clean (gloves on) and rotating or refitting it so the top half of the gasket is now sitting on the lower half of the pan. Make sure all the fins of the gasket are in good order and standing proud and use some washing up liquid or silicone lube so it isn't dragged off or moved when inserting or adjusting pan.
Thanks, that may be an option if the misses keeps on at me to fix this thing in a hurry, but she can do the cleaning of it 😂

Reply to Toilet keeps blocking in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock