Discuss Oversize kitchen sink top/drainer buying one. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl.

My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work.

So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more.

The problem is its size.....looked in the usual B+Q type places.....the length of the ones on sale are around 3ins shorter or 75mm that what we have.

So the cut out in our work top is to big for the sinks we see on sale.

Our top is 41.5 ins long which I think is 1080mm long by 20in wide or 510mm.

Any ideas about where I can find a larger sink top.....changing worktop world be very expensive.

Nick in Cheshire UK.

See if you can get a measurement on the cut out underneath and fingers crossed your current sink just has a bigger flange

Alternatively if you have space to open the hole up further and a big base unit you could stick a double in

Reply to Oversize kitchen sink top/drainer buying one. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock