Search the forum,

Discuss Soil Pipe / Vent / Durgo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

itcwinner

Hi,

This is my first post so go easy.

Upstairs in my house I currently have a main bathroom, with soil pipe that is in the bathroom (boxed in) and goes up through the ceiling/roof and into the sky, and an en-suite with a soil pipe that goes out through the wall and up the side of the house with a vent on top.

The en-suite is being removed, but the soil pipe from the ground to the vent at the top may remain. There would be no toilet or anything else wasting into this, it would just vent from the drain.

We need to remove the soil pipe from inside the main bathroom as the boxing in is taking up far too much room.

Can we:

because we have the vent from the other soil stack (the old en-suite) remove the soil pipe that goes up in the main bathroom and vents through the roof. If we were to do this would a Durgo valve be required in here? It seems that a Durgo valve has to be above the height of the sink waste (which would be half way up the wall) and makes the removal of the pipe/boxing in a bit pointless. Therefore could we just do without a vent from the main bathroom and just have the soil pipe going downwards perhaps an access point if it ever had to be rodded.

Any advice appreciated.

Don't take my word as gospel, but; If you have the open vent to outside on your redundant ensuite stack, then you can fit an air admittance valve on your main bathroom stack as long as your ensuite stack is upstream of your main bathroom. Check with Part H Building Regulations. Document available on line DCLG (Communities & local Goverment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil Pipe / Vent / Durgo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock