Discuss Young plumber of the year. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes buy price may be good,but spares.........got to look at long term,if like me you offer service contracts but i understand you cant really comment much on the pros and cons i did once consider going over to alpha not impressed when the rep did not return my call went over to potterton performas and baxi duotecs haven't looked back

Where about are you from? Can you remember who it was?

Its hard with the market how it is and most manufacturers will not make a lot of money on boilers if any....and spares will be the area where they can re coup costs. They are doing meg warrantys now so all parts will be covered.

They have a boiler with a 10 year warranty but it has to be serviced every year......so you could set up that with the customer and then if it did go down the parts would be covered....

maesteg,south Wales about 10 miles from Bridgend were your competitor came from,cant remember the reps name it was 5 years ago

I think that was a hour....

You must know Mr Stacey then?

Not to sure, my boss mentioned something to me the otherday that I'm off on the training course in the new year.

I'll ask him tomorrow, I hope it happens because repairing boilers/heating is so much more satisfying than installation.

hiya all

Would just like to say thanks for all your nice comments about the show, it was very hard and cut in such a way to portray us all differnt to the way we normally act/work

I really enjoyed the competition and wish you call all see the way i really have to work with realistic time scales and real jobs (ive never gone to someones house and found the basin plumbing in the wrong way round, that appeared as an overnight fault lol

simon johns

Great to hear from another contestant!! Well done in getting to that final and hope you enjoy the chatter here.

Hi Simon

Welcome to the forums :)

I am entering the old,worn out kneed,scared,arthritic , knackered plumber of the year award,next time round,if I remember :confused::eek:

Good luck to you !!

Hi Simon

Welcome to the forums :)

I am entering the old,worn out kneed,scared,arthritic , knackered plumber of the year award,next time round,if I remember :confused::eek:

Good luck to you !!

will it be like who can make the quickest zimmer frame out of 22mm LOL

Quickest zimmer frame - isn't that an oxymoron? A bit like a European Rapid Reaction Force ... :)

Well done to Aimee and Simon!.. takes some courage showing your skills in front of many cameras! :) , but as for the two top dogs i'm sure they know there plumbing & Heating really well..

But there just soo stuck up it's unreal! Maybe they should enter the worlds best Plumbing and Heating tycoons competition! LOL!

hiya all

Would just like to say thanks for all your nice comments about the show, it was very hard and cut in such a way to portray us all differnt to the way we normally act/work

I really enjoyed the competition and wish you call all see the way i really have to work with realistic time scales and real jobs (ive never gone to someones house and found the basin plumbing in the wrong way round, that appeared as an overnight fault lol

simon johns

Haha classic , I now check all bottle traps for golden wedding rings too! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Young plumber of the year. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
i have had an independent plumber check my system,a second opinion- he says i need to power flush as there is sludge. my contracted servicer will...
Replies
Views
M
Changed bath the other day, crack in bath - store sent me to change it - when i got there - took panel off and waste was too high going into...
Replies
Views
E
Hi - I have installed the first fix for the central heating and hot/cold water in my house (and pressure tested). At the moment I have tails of...
Replies
Views
edwardk
E
S
Got your attention, good. Its a while since I started a thread and this is possibly a bit controversial and I'm hoping for some lively debate...
Replies
Views
G
I have been out of work for a couple years, doing odd jobs for people etc. and never knowing what to charge them. Currently doing a job...
Replies
Views
dontknowitall
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock