Discuss KJ's BEER THREAD! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_0050.jpg

Was given a case of these last week.......best drop of stout ive had. Its an American jobbie but its bl00dy luverly.

View attachment 21023

Was given a case of these last week.......best drop of stout ive had. Its an American jobbie but its bl00dy luverly.
You can write on a postage stamp what the americans know about beer.
They produce such ridiculous beers that it just doesn't bare thinking about. The current trend is to cram as much hops in there as is possible rendering the beer undrinkable.
That said there are a few quality ones but not many.

Nest o es I have tried are ....

Stevens point lager (craft brewed)
Pale moon ale
Sierra nevada pale ale

I haven't tried the stout you mention ted, but I will look out for it [emoji3]

Btw anyone who drinks coors or budweiser should be aware that the barley they use is gmo. ......

This is the only one i have ever liked from over there......as you say, they are very limited when it comes to brewing, but there is always the odd surprise.

They produce such ridiculous beers that it just doesn't bare thinking about. The current trend is to cram as much hops in there as is possible rendering the beer undrinkable.

Pale moon ale
Sierra nevada pale ale

Btw anyone who drinks coors or budweiser should be aware that the barley they use is gmo. ......

Reinforces my opinion of yank beers and that's why I won't try them.

Pale moon ale
Sierra nevada pale ale

Anyone who drinks Coors or Budweiser doesn't care WHAT they're drinking. That swill should not be allowed to be called beer.

Your brewing looks mighty scientific KJ. I've always fancied having a go but worry about ending up with something undrinkable.

I really must sort my shed out and start brewing in it like I originally wanted to.

Busweiser is urine. Over in Canada I drank Molson Canadian and Pabst Blue Ribbon. Best of a bad bunch.

Its not as hard as it seems mas. As long as you follow the steps and dont cut corners it will turn out fine.
You can build a 40 pint brewery for less than a hundred quid.

I know i could've posted on the kodi thread dead easy but this is a good thread and i thought i would resurrect it.
Kev i have a shed load of rhubbarb growing in my back garden i love the stuff so you have a recipe for it something sweetish ideal for a BBQ.

i was thinking rhubbarb, sugar, yeast, lemon i would add strawberries aswell but they arent even close to being ready.

any thoughts ohh great master brewer.

BTW it took me twenty minutes before i realised to use the advanced search function for threads and found it in 30 seconds LOL

You can make a cracking rhubarb wine.
You will need to visit a homebrew shop online or otherwise as you will need sodium metabisulphate (campden tablets) to stop the fermentation process.
You will need to add a goodly amount of sugar to make it palatable and without the campden ut will all turn to alcohol. Leaving a very strong undrinkable bitter swill.

Im sure i have a recipe somewhere. I will try and dig it out for you pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to KJ's BEER THREAD! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Re-posted from the Hello Forum (I had so much trouble trying to post this last night owing to one word -j1gg3ry! - I gave up and went to bed in...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all I have a link up system with a dunsley neutraliser. This is connected to a sealed unvented hot water cylinder and a standard gravity fed...
Replies
Views
djboyd
D
P
Hi folks, I have a plumbing conundrum in my new house and was after some advice and explanation of the defect. Type 'Y' Plan system...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B
S
Hi I am a plumber and heating engineer/drainage engineer, and now a day’s only do my own plumbing, as concentrate on clearing drains. I have a...
Replies
Views
stevenowen123
S
K
Hi guys, nice easy one for you ( i hope) I'm in the middle installing a heating system, and a new bathroom at the same time. This morning i...
Replies
Views
Artemas
A
Back