Discuss Twinning systems gas and solid fuel advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevenowen123

Hi I am a plumber and heating engineer/drainage engineer, and now a day’s only do my own plumbing, as concentrate on clearing drains.

I have a system boiler wouster Bosch high flow 400, open vented, and I intend to add a solid fuel stove boiler in to the system.

I will stick a cylinder in the attic, 28mm pipe from boiler to cylinder, gravity fed, tee off flow at cylinder and vent to cold water tank, stick a pipe stat on flow wired to pump side to come on if flow reaches 90degrees, the 22mm pumped side to existing central heating,

will I have to do anything else on the pumped side , obviously I only intend to use one system at a time, gas in summer and solid fuel in winter, just want to keep system simple, but not sure if the system boiler will need to be isolated as it will have

The existing feed and expansion pipe connects in to the gas boiler direct, so might need to tee in another feed and expansion direct in to the flow and return pipe work.

I think when the gas boiler is off it will isolate itself, in the sense that the pumped solid fuel system will not circulate round the gas boiler.

Require help and info from experienced plumbers who have done such work just to check I have not missed anything, or can give me a bit help. My phone number is 07795694111

Regards Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Twinning systems gas and solid fuel advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back