Discuss Bioler won`t shut down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have been to look at a system where the boiler seems to be ignoring the room stat,and going on getting hotter and hotter.Eventually the customer says she hears a strange noise from the boiler,maybe similar to a kettle boiling.
Does this sound as simple as a faulty room stat (honeywell) not sure which modal.
If it is a new stat required,do I need to know exactly which modal ?

thanks.

You don't say whether with external controls still conected to the boiler, it closes down when boiler's own CH stat is turned down low?

Without knowing what external controls are fitted. I've presumed that there is a roomstat and external clock controlling the boiler's on/off's etc.

First I would uncouple the Clock/roomstat's wiring inside the boiler. Put a link in its place.
With this in place boiler will run independently of external controls. (24/365 if you let it).
The boiler should now only operate to the boiler's own controls.

So if you turn down the boiler's CH stat, the boiler should react to this and close down when it reaches the temperature you've set it to. Also by increasing the CH stat the boiler should fire up until it again reaches the desired temp. So whilst the CH stat is set at a high temeperature setting and with boiler running, if you turn down the CH stat this should immediately close the gas valve so the burner goes out and after a couple of mins the fan and pump stop.

If it does this, then the boiler would appear to operate properly and there is something then wrong with the external controls.

But if the boiler still keeps firing and gets hot when the boiler's CH stat is turned almost off then something inside the boiler is the problem.

Could be a stuck microswitch inside the motorised valve giving permament power to the boiler.

Hope this helps

Blod

With BLOD on this one. Quite a common fault. Would rule this out first before looking at controls.

thanks for the answers guys, went to follow up and customer says that after my bleeding a couple of rads and turning the room stat up and down a few times ( she wasn`t aware of the room stats function ) the system seems to be ok now thank you . so will have to wait till it fouls up again in order to trace the fault

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bioler won`t shut down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Replies
Views
david dimbleby
D
H
Problem is I can only get heating, when tank stat is calling for hot water. I've got a Baxi Solo, with Drayton controller, and Honeywell room and...
Replies
Views
R
I have a standard fully pumped system with hwc ,motorised valves & hwc stat . System has been fine for years but now the hwc is being overheated...
Replies
Views
richard hayden
R
P
Folks, would be grateful for any information on my Apollo 50Si. This boiler was installed when the house was built 20 years ago so already has had...
Replies
Views
Pilotjet
P
S
Hello all, I currently have a Worcester 28si heating 14 rads. Its underpowered and is costing me a fortune! The system has TRV's at the minute and...
Replies
Views
shearsy
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock