Discuss Help - Riello RDB stuck fan impellor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi. Got a problem - Riello RDB burner, motor is knackered but I can't get the fan off the spindle end to replace the motor - hub seems to have siezed, tried WD40 and heat but to no avail. Before I take the angle grinder to it and trash the fan, anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi. Got a problem - Riello RDB burner, motor is knackered but I can't get the fan off the spindle end to replace the motor - hub seems to have siezed, tried WD40 and heat but to no avail. Before I take the angle grinder to it and trash the fan, anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks

yes, a fan puller. like a clutch puller for a car. right tool = right job = right result.

We've been trying that but all it does is deform the base of the fan.

oh, sorry, i made an incorrect assumption.

it sounds like....er.....it's stuck and it's a cut-it-off job. pain in the bum.

good luck with it.

take the entire unit to motor rewinder. he will rewind the motor (fix it) and sort out the fan for you. !!
i'm sure i said it was the fan (another post - blowing my own trumpet)

Yes, I've been using the grub screw hole to squirt the WD40 in.

I already have a spare motor. I'm going to have another go at heating up the hub with a pencil torch to get it off, and if not, it's the angle grinder........ and order a new fan.

Last edited:
surely by now you can get a new riello burner for ÂŁ250??? or dont you keep them off the old boilers and recon them.

We used to clean them up, then if we got a pain in the bum repair would change the nozzle and blast tube, re-commission and it charge the customer for a recon burner. They were happy, and we could work on the troublesome burner (like your jammed fan) in the workshop.

I have two Riello RDB1s on the shelf but they are both missing motors.

I told the customer it would require a new fan and that it would be about ÂŁ20. It's not htat I didn't have the spares, it's just that the customer being a right tight arse said for me to leave the burner with him and his mate at the garage would get the fan off. He phones me today and says it's all there, but of course the fan is so distorted it won't fit in the housing anyway, so I came back and fitted it up with the new fan, meanwhile his missus has been banging on about not having any central heating during this cold weather, which of course I replied that it would have been going a week ago if her husband had not intervened!

Hee he he he!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help - Riello RDB stuck fan impellor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Help .. Running out of options.. I have a client with a Grant vortex utility system 36-46 with riello burner. There is about a 20metre 10mm oil...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
M
Hi folks - am posting here for the first time, so hope that I've come to the right place for a bit of advice... I'm having a problem with my...
Replies
Views
G
I have a Riello RDB burner. This keeps tripping out and no oil is being directed to the nozzle. The motor is running, coupling intact, pump...
Replies
Views
L
I have just joined the forum and I have found it to be a superb source of information. I was prompted to join to try and sort out the problems on...
Replies
Views
lawnmowerman
L
M
Hello, I Wonder if anyone can help - got an issue with my Main Combi 30HE & it is confusing me a lot!! (doesn't take much :) Problem is with...
Replies
Views
MrLeeroyBrown
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock