From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Help.. Intermittent oil boiler lock out ( moved from Central heating Thread) in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help .. Running out of options..
I have a client with a Grant vortex utility system 36-46 with riello burner.
There is about a 20metre 10mm oil line under ground from tank to a fire valve (vertical? ) then tigerloop, Then in through a 22mm duct into the property under passage about 2.5mts then into boiler room out behind an unvented cylinder round into back of boiler. 2 Pipe then back to tiger loop.
Flue is balanced flue straight up +/- 2mtrs through ceiling-roof
It started locking out every few days last autum. I services it and changed dirty bowl filter.
Went for a few days then locked out. I had a look and changed a stiff boiler temp control button and was fine all summer.
Then a few weeks ago started locking out again. They always reset it by the time i got there and it seemed to run like a dream while I was there. Checked combustion, fan movement, oil supply etc. about 2 weeks ago went out locked out and smell of oil - cracked top of tigerloop?
I then changed the tigerloop, flushed oil line ( few bits of sludge). Changed pump, drive dog and capacitor. Checked photo cell..
All ran fine for a week then this morning locked out again. Going back tomorrow to have another look.
I had a suspicion about the fire valve being vertical and no filter just before it. Problem is there is no room to install a filter where it comes out ground and to make fire valve horizontal.
What is the affects of a vertically installed fire valve.
Any Suggestions where to check next.?
Is it only a fault in the burner that can cause a burner lock out?
If there was a thermostat fault could that cause lock out or just over heat stat...?
or poor flow through system...?
Any suggestion welcome

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
You must be logged in to see the message.

Last edited:

L

lame plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help.. Intermittent oil boiler lock out ( moved from Central heating Thread) in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Water Underfloor Heating