Discuss Going Rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Banks

Hi

Quick question how much would you expect to pay for the following:

* installation of a gas fire in a conservatory including wxternal pipework
* 6 new rads with trv's all singles - double entry system
* boiler service condensor

Any offers?

Boiler service if it's a standard one, from £60 to £100.

The others, depends on the specific job, location and the details, how much modification is required.

i dont think that gives a very good guide to pricing at all, £150 to repair ballcock in loft WTF???

10 min job, £20 labour, £5 mats

Bloomin eck Mate how on earth do you afford advertising and overheads charging £20 for a ball cock swap?? I hope my customers don't see this post , I'm loving the cwsc install price ...brilliant

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for beating me to that one john, i can calm down now...................

thats better,

thats hell of a conservatory with 6 rads in it.

i dont think that gives a very good guide to pricing at all, £150 to repair ballcock in loft WTF???

10 min job, £20 labour, £5 mats

thats where you are wrong, even in your own house it isnt a 10 min job, if you were watching telly and heard the overflow running, you would need to go out to the van, get a ballcock and a couple of pairs of grips, get the steps, go up the loft suss out what was happening, change the ballvalve, put the tools and steps back in the van then sit down again, if this was for a customer, you have the time to take the call, get the details, drive to the job, then do above and drive home, remember fuel etc and sort out the bill (or have slightly longer on the job getting paid, writing a receipt

We charge £45.00 p/h + vat min for anything, this is to cover running costs. You cant drive from one side of a city to the other for £20.00
No wonder so many plumbing companies come and go.

Any hoo a washer and all other material to repair a float valve cost no where near £5.00

Bloomin eck Mate how on earth do you afford advertising and overheads charging £20 for a ball cock swap?? I hope my customers don't see this post , I'm loving the cwsc install price ...brilliant

Hmmmm. quite make sense.
not that an easy job indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Going Rate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
:confused:Hi there - I am not a plumber!!! Sorry, but I need some realistic advice and hope that you guys out there will be able to help me. I am...
Replies
Views
newbie1
N
A
im new to this forum so first off, hi everyone. I am currently half way through my city and guilds level 2 plumbing course having already...
Replies
Views
Centralheatking
C
B
I suppose if you work for yourself you can virtually dictate your own job price. But building up a private rate paying clientèle can take...
Replies
Views
H
T
A £400 opportunity to upstage Warmfront Part of the criticism of Warmfront is the dubious reliability of some boilers they supply, the...
Replies
Views
the baker
T
J
Hi all, Newbie here with a little plumbing experience, what i am trying to do is replace and old corroded and leaking rad with a new one and at...
Replies
Views
Jamesdeare
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock