Discuss Most important tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
knee or kneeling pads for me,my dads 40 years in the trade shows me how bad knees can get,he once had his own built in set,his knee filled with blood!!! as he puts it my 16 years in the industry gives me plenty of time to start looking after my knees before i catch up with him!also a VERY important tool is a quality dust mask and an awareness of what contains asbestos when my dad started out they were told to just wet it before cutting!!! new entrants to our industry should have compulsory awareness training on asbestos

when you have been at it for a while you will realise all you need is a good set of pump pliers. lol

when you have been at it for a while you will realise all you need is a good set of pump pliers. lol

Very true can go days with just a pair of pump pliers and screwdriver with reversible end between philips and slot

My favorite tool at the moment,is my plastic pipe cutter,love if when running the condensate pipe work,find it therapeutic for some reason,sit in van with small piece of pipe,cutting away at traffic lights,imagining it is some of my customers heads or other arts of the anatomy

My least favorite tool is the junior axe saw (hacksaw:p),every time I pick it up,I get flash backs to the times before pipe slices and you would cut the side of you thumb all the time or index finger leaving a nice and fresh open wound for the acid flux to get into, all water would be turned off in property,so you can not clean out,a little tear would run down your cheek and you would look around for sympathy and the only sympathy is from your reflection in a cracked,dirty window,you feel lonely and vulnerable,the world is against you,the reflection in the pain of glass, turns from a man into a whimpering child,years of struggling and strife to try to provide warmth and shelter for your loved ones is questioned,dark depressive clouds formed above your head........
Anyway thats the reason I gave the wife for going to pub afterwards and coming home plastered,all in my post 'how to change a women's scorn into sympathy in 30 secs,by 'got time for another,bet your smelly cotton socks I have!!!!':D;):p

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
thats a crackin paragraph for the missus, im gonna try that one on friday afternoon.

cheers puddle:D

My lease used tool is the Rems Amigo III I bought for doing a sprinker system job 2 years ago. Used for 1 job only and tbh it was a pain in the bum having to lug a cable and transformer all over and went back to using my ratchet diestock.

Anyone interested in a Rems Amigo III? :D

sorry chaps but I just had to bring this back again

Rawlplugs Mason Master. We used to call it a rawlplug jumper. Its truly cordless and all apprentices should be forced to use them until there thumbs are a bloody pulpy mess!!!. Sorry bout that I hate the damn things but have secret pleasure of watching someone else in pain.

Are those the things you had to hit repeatedly with a hammer to make a 1/4" hole?

Inherited a couple with my grandad's toolkit, along with his plumbers turnpins and drift plugs them but not old enough to remember seeing anyone use one.

I do remember being shown how to use a turnpin and drift plug when I was about 12!

I also inherited a kind of device which was used to generate acetylene for lead burning but I've no idea how it was used. Anyone on the forum ever used one?

I also have a fancy paraffin blowtorch which was my grandads. It does actually get used, but only to get the barbecue going!

I guess the above must be my least used tools as I've NEVER used them!!

Last edited:
my favourite tool is the one behind the steering wheel of me van!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Most important tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Ok, sorry if this request is a bit OTT, but as I am very new to plumbing, I really need some general guidance on buying tools, namely whats the...
Replies
Views
biofish
B
Had a woman call our company on Monday morning in some distress. She asked if we (*********) could come out to site and help her (We charge...
Replies
Views
365drills
K
Hi, after reading many posts on here i have come across interesting bits of home made kit such as plauasne's pressure test kit, and ferret's...
Replies
Views
dontknowitall
D
So you have some fancy porcelain tiles on the job and you think you can just angle grind your way through it to make holes. Right Idea? Well at...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock