Discuss clearance of cooker hot plat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasik

I am looking in the corgi book and trying to find out what is the distance between the cooker hot plats and the work top? I am also trying to find out what is the distance of a combustible materials from a terminal of a fan flue appliance?

thanks sasi

are you fitting or just curious as your post doesnt make sense the hot plate???is mounted in the work surface and what exactly do you mean about combustible materials and the terminal??

Just curious. Let's say the cooker is free standing, how much clearance between the cooker and work top.
with regard of the terminal, let said you had a wooden shed near your terminal what will be the minimum distant?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the clearance of the hotplate is 100mm or manufacturers instructions and the corgi book 5th edition pg 294 gives the terminal clearances.

Hmm!

There is no one answer, some makes have a clearance as low as 65mm from the side of the cooker to the nearest cabinet. It depends where the burners are from the edge of the cooker and the insulation of the oven, grill and sides.

Tracing the cooker and getting the installation instructions to find out, is usually the easiest way.

Look up a boiler and get the installation manual that will tell you.

Good Fortune

you don't know
you don't have a cooker ticket then don't install it
or ask portfolio mate to answer it

plat ? boiler manual ?

flatpack, we cant remeber every detail we need to do our jobs, thats why we have our reference books.
dosnt seem like anybody has given/wanted to give the measurements reqd.
each appliance has its own specifications, thats why bernie said trace the cooker, the manufacturers instructions are taken over the gsi regs.
as for the flue termnal position, its in my book i cant remember its in my book.
my book is in the van.
its raining outside.
not going.
if it clears up, i shall nip outside. otherwise it will be tommorow.

shaun

Well the flue distance for a fan flued appliance from a obstruction in front such as a shed or wall would be 600mm

The space required each side of the cooker to worktop is 20mm,if worktop higher metal strips should be fitted

Of course manufactorers instructions over ride any of the above

not raining here shaun :)

shaun
it full sun and 30 here, not rain for weeks just Finish cleaning the pool

its 50mm each side of the cooker
as for flues is it fan flue or balance flue or open flue
is the shed fronting or on one side

My first post here felt compelled lol
20mm at the sides and no combustible material [i.e. wallpaper sockets shelves ] for 750mm above the hotplate

manufacturers instructions over rule all guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to clearance of cooker hot plat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
P
Right, I am at my wits end. Firstly I cannot find a plumber who will come and commission my new ST40 NuWay oil burner fitted to my Range Cooker...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Hi :) Since about midday today we've been experiencing a very odd problem with our boiler (Main Combi 24 HE). Got in earlier to find the place...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, i have a Biasi 24s combi boiler and it is not firing up and heating my water or radiators. Can anyone give me any instructions of what to...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
G
Hello everyone, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have an Alpha C23 boiler which has suddenly decided it doesn't want to work! When turned on the...
Replies
Views
T
Back