Search the forum,

Discuss Help! Biasi 24s combi boiler 1998 Problem! Not firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

consumer1

Hi all, i have a Biasi 24s combi boiler and it is not firing up and heating my water or radiators. Can anyone give me any instructions of what to do to srt this out please?
Here is the scenario:

• The system was working until this morning when i woke up, and was in timer mode. Up to this point radiators came on and water would heat up when you turn on the hot tap.
  • I turned whole unit off for 5 mins and back on again, but still not working.
  • I turned the isolator switch (screw) to increase bar pressure from 1 to 2.5 (and thought best to stop there),- made no difference.
  • Put the unit into continuous (non-timer) mode, and unit makes the usual whirring noise, but pilot light not firing up in small window. Heating not coming on; water freezing cold.
  • Small green light is on as usual.
  • The red light (next to manual start/reset button) is off-as it has been when it was working, so i assume this is correct.
  • Main gas supply is on (checked by turning on cooker hobs and they ignite)

Any ideas would be most welcome,

Thank you.

I wont be able to sort out calling out a gas engineer until monday, but i would rather get this sorted out myself beforehand if i can, with some help from someone here who is in the know.
Obviously i wouldnt choose to have no heating and hot water all weekend.

Is this a complex issue then that needs a gas engineer, or can anyone sort this problem out with a few diagnostic ideas?

well the first thing to do is to have the correct pressure in the boiler which should be between 1 and 1.5 max when cold ,not 2.5

Ok, so i know how to increase pressure- how do i decrease pressure?

The pressure was originally on 1 bar when i decided to increase it, because like that it was still not working.

I only decided top try increasing pressure because i saw someone else had increased it to 2.5 and it worked for him.

Any ideas? thanks

The boiler's been off for hours, and it's pressure has gone down on it's own to exactly 2 bar

In all honesty the high pressure will not matter at this point,what was the pressure before you topped it up?,it could have over heated,reset button above pressure gauge I think but as gasman says could be a number of things,after you have checked the basic controls and settings,you will require a gas safe plumber who is familiar with this boiler to correct the problem in a safe and correct manor
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks then, i guess i will have to get out the sweater granny knitted me to keep warm, and run my kettle into the ground in order to get enough hot water to tide me over the w/end,-that's until monday when i can get hold of the gas engineer/plumber.
Please don't get the violins out, it's not that bad, i think i will make it through! lol
;)

[video=youtube;-EQ6eHeBrhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQ6eHeBrhM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQ6eHeBrhM[/video]

sorry :)

That is a nice piece of music Puddle. And some nice photos too. Certainly better than the x factor p... (self edited there) the other half is listening to in the front room

I have very similar situation as consumer 1 in his first thread EXCEPT the boiler fires up right away when I put hot water running. So we have hot water all the time but boiler don't fire up until I let hot water run 30 seconds. Boiler was serviced one month ago. This firing up problem started last spring I forgot to mention it to service guy. What could cause this firing problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help! Biasi 24s combi boiler 1998 Problem! Not firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock