Discuss ASHP and building load in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tank Unit - SANYO EMEA nice, it comes with a nice 9kw back up immersion heater for every day use and another 6kw immersion back up for when it get cold?????? ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ$$$$$$$$$ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ
Earth save products dont use immersions.

earthsave products do use immersions the immersions in the sanyo are purely for emergency backup not for everyday use. The earth save heat pumps are just cheap chinese unbranded products bought off the alibaba.com website
No they dont.
No there not.

Hi

I'm interested in these new-fangled Air Source Heat Pumps for my house but I understand you need to calculate the building load for the house to be able to size it correctly. Anyone got any pointers as to the best way to do this? I expect it's really complex and you need to get a 'consultant' in who will charge a fortune for doing some work on a computer! Pointers to avoid the 'consultant' would be good

Cheers

Leaky

You think the consultant is going to be expensive? Wait until you get the full quote for the heat pump! You need to get a company in to do a SAP rating of your house which might not be as expensive as you think, you need to get that part of it right as if you size the pump up to small it will not meet your heating / hot water demands for your house and size it up too large and you will pay higher electric bills.

I have had dealings with so-called consultants and you would be better off just dealing with a decent Heating engineer

Would add the hitachi yutaki units as well. I've been impressed so far. Also done the simplex training and now accredited with them and Viessman both good looking units apart from Viessmann is massive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ASHP and building load in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power...
Replies
Views
T
Hello from a newbie - we're renovating a detached bungalow (70 sq m), not on gas, and oil/LPG both undesirable/impractical. The plan is underfloor...
Replies
Views
thehat
T
P
Does anyone have a view on whether underfloor heating is worth it? We're currently building an extension (approx 30m2) and wondering whether to go...
Replies
Views
dontknowitall
D
J
Hi, I'd like advice on best way to incorporate these 3 heating options. I've ruled out a 3-coil cylinder on cost grounds. I'm also aware of the...
Replies
Views
Aidan-g
A
W
I have moved into a new build house which is heated by an air source heat pump. is it correct that they do not need servicing/maintenance or is...
Replies
Views
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock