Discuss Woodburner/heat pump/solar heater combination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
you dont mention what sort of wood burner you are using so any comments on safety issues are pointless without knowing the safety devices fitted to that model.
a big log burner should have some form of heat quench circuit fitted to it to prevent overheat during a power cut etc
getting a system designed correctly will save you money in the long run.
also fitting a thermal store of a large capacity will give you more flexibilty in your options to heat it.
by that i mean you can store more heat from the cheaper sources when it is available to use later.
air source and solar work best at the time you need the least hot water/heating (during the day )
if you have a high demand on your hot water in the evening then you could easily run out of hot water.

teenagers and power showers will deplete hot water faster than most designers allow for in 'average ' values. so allow for your real useage in any calcs and add in a good margin.

i would also consider your extraction fans. in a modern house the air changes from these will dump all your hard won heat right outside again. there are systems available that will use heat exchangers to recover a good proportion of that heat and return it as warm fresh air back into the building.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Woodburner/heat pump/solar heater combination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock