Search the forum,

Discuss Air source Heat pump - a few questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willow2

I have moved into a new build house which is heated by an air source heat pump.

1. is it correct that they do not need servicing/maintenance or is that a high risk strategy
  2. Do any companies provide insurance cover in the same way you can cover a conventional boiler
  3. There is a sporty household of 3 all of whom shower in the morning, often we have two showers a day, 2 water tanks obviously new and well insulated. How many hours would you suggest the water is heated for and should this be split across the day/night or done in one go see also point 5
  4. I understand that when both the heating and the water is on the water has preference. Presumably therefore it makes sense to have the heating and water on independent of each other is that usual.
  5. The heating is required from 5.30am to 8am and again from 2.30pm to 10.00pm bearing this in mind what would be the recomendation for water timing
  6. Any other tips about operating such a system
Thank you in advance for any help offered.

dont think it would be a hot water priority system, but have read that most have a electric backup as most will not give flow temp of 60 as is required to heat hot water. but saying that there are a few which will give increased temps but as i see it are pretty new products. Dont quote me on this though, best to check with manufacturer of how system should be set up. or if you know who commissioning engineer is give them a call.

ashp work best when the air outside is warmest so it makes sense to heat your water during the mid-day while you are out and heat house right after that so you are gaining all you can out of the warmest part of the day then in the evening it only has to top up the heating to maintain temp.
once the water is fully heated it will automatically stop getting heated and just do central heating
how much hot water you can store would also be a factor and if you do use lots then you may have to use immersion back up when needed or take shorter showers :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air source Heat pump - a few questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old Its conventional mains gas boiler central heating system (not a combi) the boiler is an “Ideal logic 18” – with hot water tank in an upstairs airing...
Replies
Views
Hello. I wonder if someone can help. We have noticed 2 issues in our house over the last couple of weeks . We have a Glow Worm Ultracom 24cxi combi boiler and have never had problems with it previously 1) central heating always/near constantly on. We have 2 small radiators and a towel rail...
Replies
Views
Air entering central heating system and hot water pumping over into make up tank in artic when h/c control is switched on. There is no problem when only c/h is on! this situation as only occurred since replacing my Grundfos UPS2 with a UPS3 I have tried the pump on different speeds . On the box...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue with the water pressure. Toward the end of last year the pressure had got worse. For instance, you could not run another tap in the house if a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock