Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Helping a friend fit a new flush mechanism to his upstairs loo. No ball valve so fitted one of those in the process, hence needed to stop water supply from cold water storage in loft. He closed the feed from the cold water tank, tap stiff but didn't need any force with a spanner (wrench/grips)...
Replies
Views
Hello all, This is a follow-up to this post: Fit wall-hung toilet to inside stud wall? - https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/fit-wall-hung-toilet-to-inside-stud-wall.127877/. I'd like to fit a cistern into a stud wall, which is 100mm wide. Typically, the dimensions of the toilet fixing...
Replies
Views
My Hive receiver central heating green light is showing ON but the boiler is off actually and vice versa. It results that I am unable to adjust temperature in the thermostat as well as Hive App during “ON” status (the boiler is OFF at that time). Not sure if it is a wiring problem insides the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Not strictly a plumbing question, but to do with the bathroom layout - hopefully not too off-topic! Some pictures attached. What we have is this: We would like to make this window 800 wide, and then move it by about 100 to the left. I.e., this: In other words: The gap is currently 720 wide...
Replies
Views
F
  • Question
Hi all We've been experiencing an intermittent smell from our downstairs toilet for the last few months. We've tried replacing the pan connector and have had a CCTV inspection on the drain, but the problem persists. Last week I removed the toilet again and disconnected the sink trap. Both have...
Replies
Views
Funkymunkey27
F
P
  • Question
I’m fitting a vented copper hot tank heated from a Stanly Range in a mobile home Due to height restrictions I cannot site a header tank. But can vent to outside. Is it possible to use a pressure reduction valve and connect to the mains gir water supply
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a dishwasher that has a leak into the base that's tripping the flood switch. I tip the water out and the dishwasher works fine. I do believe I tipped it after the last wash and nothing came out. But after a while later that day I tipped it and some water came out. I have opened up the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi there, I recently replaced a dead central heating pump in my home, so drained down the system completely, fitted new pump and filled up. What I'm experiencing now is a periodic bubbling noise, it starts in the hot water cylinder and makes its way to the boiler which in turn starts making...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the chances/challenges of switching this round, i.e., fitting the toilet to the inside wall? Here's what I mean: So toilet would be hung from the stud wall, with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was just wondering when running hot and cold copper pipes side by side is there a minimum distance they should be apart according to regulations? Thanks P
Replies
Views
D
Our SALUS RF520TX Wireless stat is on the blink after approx 15mths. Still have a screen, but no activity on it-so when I press any of the buttons, I get nothing. Still seems to be paired to receiver and we have hot water and CH, but presumably can’t change the temp til it’s all fixed. Should I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello - I was hoping for some advice and opinions on a new combi boiler I currently have a 3 bed semi with a myson orion boiler (it isnt a combi) - the boiler was installed around 1989, hasn't given any problems and is still working fine. Due to the increase in gas prices it is time to change...
Replies
Views
Hi All, So something may be slightly different to the usual posts and looking for some advise or whether anyone has been in a similar predicament and how have you overcome it. I’m a wife of a heating engineer - who has recently started out full time (2 years ago self employed 15 years...
Replies
Views
Hi, my 2-handle kitchen mixer tap started dripping cold water. I've got it apart and am waiting for a new cold water, ceramic disc, 1/4 turn, cartridge to be delivered. Meanwhile I can't completely turn off the isolating (or service) valve, whose screwdriver slot is now knackered. So, with tap...
Replies
Views
Hi all I often find using ptfe tape with compression joints quite fiddly for my old hands, particularly in tight spaces. I was wondering if the ptfe liquid paste is a viable alternative? Does anyone on here prefer it? Thanks.
Replies
Views
I'll be fitting a couple of Essex fl@anges to my HW tank soon. required hole is 38mm. I know these tanks are quite thin and can rip easily so what's the best way to drill them with a hole cutter?
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm trying to install a new toilet. The old cast soil pipe has been cut 'flush' to the inside and outside wall. On the inside, I will just use a pan connector. However, what do I do on the outside? Pictures of outside: You can see that the remnant of the pipe in the wall is not all...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi I am new to this forum and would like some advice on fitting a vr33 open therm module on a vaillant ecotec plus controlled by a nest 3rd gen. It's a basic heating system with no hot water control. I am having difficulty finding an installation guide for the vr33, I have read that it plugs...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
What’s the correct way to replace a (jammed and leaking) stop-cock in an old and corroded ½ steel pipe without damaging the pipe? The pipe in question is a main water supply pipe for a house and dates from (I guess) the 1970s. It’s from a shared supply for myself and the neighbouring half dozen...
Replies
Views
Hi I wanted to change the washers in the taps in my downstairs cloakroom. Have got as far as shown in the pic and assumed this is removed by loosening the 14mm nut. However this does not move at all. Any advice to get to the washer please. Thanks
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock