Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on soil pipe remaining in wall (behind toilet) in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

I'm trying to install a new toilet. The old cast soil pipe has been cut 'flush' to the inside and outside wall. On the inside, I will just use a pan connector. However, what do I do on the outside? Pictures of outside:
1.jpeg2.jpeg

You can see that the remnant of the pipe in the wall is not all that straight. What options do I have?

I could do this (Option 1):

Option 1.jpeg

But will that give a secure fit?

Or, can I insert some kind of pipe or longer connector (Option 2)?
Option 2.jpeg

Any thoughts or recommendations?

(I'm reluctant to remove the soil pipe remnant - the wall is solid, but you never know...)

Many thanks!

Tbh remove the cast out of the wall and install a new piece of pipe etc you will have to chop into the wall anyway else the collar will stick out to far for you to join to the existing piece up the wall

Reply to Advice on soil pipe remaining in wall (behind toilet) in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
B
My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way. With the toilet removed and exposing the soil pipe I was thinking of making a reducer to fit over the 4 inch pipe down to a garden hose pipe size and then turn the...
Replies
Views
Fitting a new toilet onto this old cast soil pipe that only fits in about 2inches. It's coming through the wall at an angle and can't be changed because of an extension below. The new pan connector keeps dripping on a full flush any ideas on a solution other than silocone which the old one had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes from the toilets etc connect to the vertical stack via a horizontal pipe as you would expect. I'm about to renew all the soil pipes. We have 2 entry...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock