Search the forum,

Discuss Salus RT520TX Thermostat in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 117867

Our SALUS RF520TX Wireless stat is on the blink after approx 15mths. Still have a screen, but no activity on it-so when I press any of the buttons, I get nothing. Still seems to be paired to receiver and we have hot water and CH, but presumably can’t change the temp til it’s all fixed.
Should I look for a new stat? If I buy one, will I need to fit the receiver unit (hardwired) or can I get away with pairing a new control screen only?
Given the time of year, Amazon are my best option at this stage, and I can get a wireless upgraded model delivered tomorrow, but I’d prefer to do as little wiring as possible since husband is away and I’m alone with a 1yo 😬

I take it you forgot to change batteries then screen went blank?
Take out batteries leave them out for at least 30 min then replace,
There is a capacitor than needs to discharge
New batteries must be alkaline type eg duracell not zinc carbon or rechargeable

I take it you forgot to change batteries then screen went blank?
Take out batteries leave them out for at least 30 min then replace,
There is a capacitor than needs to discharge
New batteries must be alkaline type eg duracell not zinc carbon or rechargeable
We changed the batteries a few months ago, but have done so again now. The screen didn’t ever go blank (except when we replaced batteries, obviously), just started blinking and not functioning last night.
Didn’t know about discharging the capacitor though, thank you 🙏

If it is faulty 5 year warranty on it talk to your installer they need to speak to salus rep who will authorise replacement.
If you installed your self speak to salus direct.
We have installed over 200 salus 520s only changed one as I was leaving customer admitted one of her kid's had dropped it!

If it is faulty 5 year warranty on it talk to your installer they need to speak to salus rep who will authorise replacement.
We have installed over 200 salus 520s only changed one as I was leaving customer admitted one of her kid's had dropped it!
Ahh, great. Ok. We should cope til business resumes in the New Year, fingers crossed. Thank you.

is it possible to pair a new control unit to the existing receiver, does anyone know?
I doubt it, I’ve heard they both need to be new. Yes it’s under warranty, but doubt you’ll get Salus out and £150 + mileage seems a lot.

Heard Salus aren’t the best, might be better with a different brand, if this keeps happening it doesn’t bode well.

The current Salus model seems to be called RT520RF.
Jessykins, you mention RF520TX - is it definitely not a RT520?

The Salus RT520RF guide says you can pair that transmitter to another receiver that was not originally supplied with it. But not sure if that necessarily applies to yours.

Last edited:

My RT520TX is 3 years old, none of the buttons at the base of the unit respond to any command, have taken batteries out, left out overnight and longer, have been in contact with Salus now for 12 days still no constructive help whatsoever

My RT520TX is 3 years old, none of the buttons at the base of the unit respond to any command, have taken batteries out, left out overnight and longer, have been in contact with Salus now for 12 days still no constructive help whatsoever
Is there an override? Best advice is get a different one altogether.

Reply to Salus RT520TX Thermostat in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock