Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Hi What are the regulations around installing a second hand oil combi boiler, am I right in saying they have to follow manufacturers instructions and building regs? Had people install on and it's positioned where I can't take the rear cover off to reach the condensate. The installation...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I purchased this steam vent valve: Hoffman Steam Air Vent 40, 1/8" Angle Steam Radiator Air Valve 401440. Installed it and the hissing is much reduced but now, the hissing happens every 10-20 seconds for about two seconds. Its annoying enough to wake me up at night (I wish I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is it possible to isolate upstairs and down stairs showers from each other? When both shower are on one loses hot water how can this be addressed to be able to use Botha at same time and how difficult is t gonna be or should I have a pro do the job?
Replies
Views
Hello, as is common with most newbies I've arrived with a problem. Our water softener is about 18 months old, a BWT WS355 in an insulated outside cabinet. It's probably the third we've had - been here a very long time and always had a softener. I installed it myself, just connecting to existing...
Replies
Views
B
I have tenants who 'bucket bathe' in the bath causing the silicone to fail every few months and causing leak damage - is fitting no more leak tape the answer?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, new here, I have a Myson Hi-line RC 7-4 that doesnt seem to have any water flow. It hasn't been used since last winter and when I tried to use it when it turned cold, it wouldn't work in automatic mode as there seems to be no water flowing through it. Does anyone know how to vent/bleed...
Replies
Views
I have an inlet valve that is allowing some water in even when the float is raised. I wanted to check the washer - presumably diaphragm, but after taking off the cap, I'm unsure how to dismantle the valve. Any tips? The inlet came with a NUCA C211 valve. The other option is to remove/replace...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a fairly adept DIYer but I have an issue with my plumbing and not entirely sure what's left to check. I have an unvented indirect system with 1 hot / 1 heating zone, cylinder is a Range Tribune HE 150L pre-plumbed. For quite a while now I've had a problem where after the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi new to the forum here and after some advise please. I have done a garage extension and need heating in the room. I am in a town house with no Rads on the ground floor. (Underfloor heating). My boiler (not combi) is downstairs, but megaflow tank is upstairs along with rads upstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I found this main gas shutoff valve (or regulator) when traveling in colombia - any idea what make and model, or how to shut it off? I just curious, in case of emergency
Replies
Views
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows the brand of this push fit? I've tried several different searches on google but I cant find anything similar. And also is the plastic pipe polybutylene or else? I was interested to see how the copper pipe could be release if it needed to be in the...
Replies
Views
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and our rusted out galvanized supply line to our house. It's still galvanized under the house, but we live in a very dry climate and the pipes/joints...
Replies
Views
Have a recently installed Vitodens 100-W, within the last week, & hot water has been intermittent at best. I'm seeing F.373 - 50 & F. 345 - 50 fault codes. Install follow- up has been unhelpful. I,m also seeing standby temps reach 195 F (91 C) which sounds dangerously high.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
J
  • Question
I have this connection on both of my laundry tub supplies and they are leaking right away. This is what plugs into the faucet connections. Because of the black part I thought this was a compression fitting, but with the amount of leaking I am thinking I need paste. I've cranked it down...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi Im about to replace pump isolator valves on my grant boiler but the 28mm valves did not come with washers and I can seem to find them to buy. Can anyone please advise where I might be able to find them? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm about to do some replacement pipework under the floor and will need to drain down the system. No problem there. The drain valve is below floor level (external) on the return side of a two pipe system. Won't draining leave a lot of water in the flow side, below the radiator inlet...
Replies
Views
Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively sensible (!) but I just want to check the steps involved to make sure I'm not missing anything before starting. System info- Steps (I think)- 1. Turn...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello The existing tap is leaking in the kitchen. Few days back, it randomly let out more water than what it was leaking before and it created a mess. Need some help on replacing a old kitchen tap. Here are some pictures for the old tap and new tap that we have in kitchen. I have also...
Replies
Views
Hi, Quick question on how long is too long without inhibitor? I'm repiping the downstairs heating and the job keeps growing arms and legs. If it takes me a few weeks to get it all done, draining and refilling with just mains water several times, is that a big deal? Also, is it OK to shut off...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice. I'm experimenting with heating solutions for my outdoor potting shed & workshop & I'm putting together an electric tube heater connected to copper heat pipes. Now I'm starting off small just as an experiment to see if I can do it & then upscale if needs be...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock