Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Hi all, First Post on here. I am hoping someone can help with the below. I have mounted 2 new rads to a recent extention we have had. The rads are not connected up to the heating system which is a combi fed system. I thought it would be good practice to clean, flush, refill and use an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm really needing some advice please. I'm trying to connect an instant hot water tap, but haven't got as far as switching the tank on yet. There are 3 water pipes and a rubber tube coming from the tap, hot, cold and cold connection to the tank, then the rubber instant hot water pipe. I...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, sorry if this is a daft question but ever since we've had our hotpoint washing machine the compartment on the far left (softener compartments I believe) is full of water after every cycle. See attached. Are we missing an insert here or something? I can't see how else it would drain...
Replies
Views
Good morning everyone. My parent had a new kitchen and bathroom fitted in her flat 2 years ago and has only now told me that the hot water flow to both hot taps is really poor. it wasn't like this before. its a flat with a 1075x450 IND BS combi HW tank. she says that the tank was drained down...
Replies
Views
T
Hi folks, I'm weighing up the cost of relocating 5 radiators in a 3 bed semi-detached house. Presently, for each room, the radiators are on walls that are either adjacent or opposite to the window. The house does have double-glazing, but even so, conventional placement would have these...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Does anyone know if such a thing as a timed TRV exists? I need a TRV that is wide open until a specified time, then reverts to normal TRV operation. That's literally the only functionality I need. Does such functionality exist in things like Nest or Hive? These are probably...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, Hoping that someone could please identify what this leaking fitting is, such that I can explain it to a plumber. Not sure whether the groove on the top is a location where you can tighten these "fittings", or whether that is best left to a professional to deal with. Many thanks for any help.
Replies
Views
I have had a copper pipe shark bite fitting fail dramatically resulting in lots of damage. This was in a ceiling application and done 11 years ago. Do I need to remove the 2 other fittings that presently look ok? For some reason I can not up load picture , but fitting separated about 1 inch with...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone advise how the copper push fit connectors work? Is it a matter of just pushing in the pipe until it goes in as far as it can and are these connectors suitable for water and gas? Also I see that there is a special tool to release the connector if you get it wrong or not quite...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and E tank. The ball valve has been checked and is working ok. The vent pipe from the hot water cylinder is not venting any water into the tank, and the...
Replies
Views
I have a rusty radiator in the bathroom, not worth repainting as there is already paint on top of rust. It will be straightforward for me to change myself, I can get an identical replacement Stellrad, which makes things easy. The water in the system has inhibitors in it and a Fernox TF1 has kept...
Replies
Views
Got a streak of ice on the brickwork outside underneath the upstairs toilet cisterns overflow outlet which I only noticed as it's sub zero. Seems to be thicker everyday due to outlet pipe being snapped to the level of the brick. Checked the cistern and it seems to fill up and stop at a suitable...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm really struggling to find out what part I need to use deck valves like this with a overflow bath filler. Most bath fillers seem to only have one connection. This one has 2, one for hot one for cold which looks like it could work. Anything I'm missing? thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Installing 2 new bathrooms, property only had 1 bathroom and the waste went into a cast iron soil stack which has now been replaced. I really don't want to notch the joist to get the waste out. I was thinking can I run the waste connected together to the outside in 40mm? So the bath...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking to install a standpipe to drain the water from the washer. I took a picture of the current set up and my plan. I was wondering if this was correct or if there is a better way. Sink-> ABS P Trap -> Tee (1.5 in x 2 in x 1.5 in) facing up -> elbow -> pipe to stack 2 in standpipe...
Replies
Views
D
we had a grant condensing boiler fitted last year, the lad works for a heating company and said would fit it. when he did he put the pipes all through the flue hole of the last inside boiler we had copper pipes all laid on top of each other. there was an electrical cable running through a...
Replies
Views
D
I'm trying to replace the intake pipe for a toilet. The current one is ridget pvc piping. I'm trying to swap it with a flexible hose to install a bidet. I can disconnect the pipe from the toilet, but I can't unscrew it from the shutoff valve. Am I meant to be able to dismantle it or is it just...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to access the inside of this tap but can't see any 'button' at the back, or similar. It's likely we'll be replacing this and the sink in a month or so but need to fix this asap of course.
Replies
Views
Hello, just joined with a question: I’ve two self cutting taps that need removing as they’re stopping a relocated dishwasher from getting back far enough. The pipe layout is awkward at best and I’m ready to fit an inline tap further along out the way. So my question is rather than mess about...
Replies
Views
Hi folks my partner has a Greenstar 30Si boiler, the pressure is just below 3 bar but for the past year or so water has been slowly dripping out of the overflow pipe. I've bled the radiator upstairs and downstairs drained about 2l out but the pressure doesn't drop at all. Any ideas? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock