Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

I have an ideal Isar He30 ( yes I know they are crap!) the boiler works but the contol panel asppears to be dead, the DHW and CH temperature controls have no effect and the boiler runs at max temp on both DHW and CH. I have repalced the display/contol panel and it still appearsto be dead. Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, I bought a Grohe kitchen tap to replace my existing one and have found that it comes with fixed flexi hoses that are 3/8" instead of the UK standard 15mm fitting. I saw on an older thread that someone with a similar problem bought a tap tail adaptor from Screwfix with a compression nut and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a bungalow and I am refitting my kitchen/diner. The existing radiator needs to be moved to the other end of the kitchen and replaced with a vertical radiator which I have just bought. I can do some DIY plumbing myself, but need some advice. I could reroute the pipes from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm currently in the middle of first fixing the waste pipe for my freestanding bath. I've created a mock version out of plastic to determine where the waste enters down through the floor - see photo. I was just wondering is there any minimum length the pipe has to run after the trap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I'm hoping someone here can help. The radiators in my living room aren't heating as well as the radiator in bedroom, hall and bathroom in my flat. I've checked and both seem to be free from trapped air (tried to bleed and water came straight out). Now one radiator gets a lot warmer...
Replies
Views
Our HV3 is about 7.5 years old and has just stopped regenerating. Do any of you good people have any ideas of anything I could try before calling Harveys? thx
Replies
Views
NeilSJ
N
i have done a few tests on 5mm pvc wet wall before trying to fit a 1600 bathroom radiator, it's to be fitted on plaster board, there is a panel of sterling board inside the wall. After a few try's to fit the rad fixing the wet wall sink's onto the wall, i have also tryed cutting a circle just...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Weird one this, when boiler is firing and heating water if my scheduled rad heating come on also it doesn't heat my rads... BUT here's the weird part if I BOOST the heating the at same time scheduled water is on then it works?
Replies
Views
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience with using Domestic Booster Pumps to raise the pressure of the hot water in your kitchen tap. Any feedback would be appreciated here. I have installed one of these in my kitchen to increase the flow of hot water to my sink which...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have removed 2x old radiators in my extension and there i want to put big one 6500/7000 btu vertical aluminium rad, does my 10mm pipe work fine on it ? Also I will need to extend pipe araund 6m one way and same return is this should be enough? or i can just do this 6m with 15mm pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, the water from my shower does not not trigger my boiler to turn on and heat the water most of the time. This problem started a few weeks ago (the shower worked as expected with heated water coming through before that). Every other faucet in my flat (including the faucet in the washbasin in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
J
  • Question
Dear friends, I've got an Ellis triple valve shower ; the water comes out very hot, it's impossible to cool it down. What part needs changing and how to do it ? Thanks for your help..
Replies
Views
Jean Richard
J
I have a towel radiator that has a tiny leak on the lock shield side at a right angled compression fitting. There is a drip every 10 seconds from the back of the compression nut. The fitting is so small that I can't get the compression nut back to wind ptfe round the olive. I've tried ptfe round...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Refurbishing a bathroom - cold water is mains fed, hot from combi. There is a main service valve to the whole system where the supply enters the house. Do I need to have service valves on bathroom sink, shower and bath? Normally if I have to repair/replace anything I just shut off the main valve.
Replies
Views
Installing a walk-in shower screen. When I've done this before I've always applied silicone to the inside of the screen, along the bottom where it sits on the shower tray and up the side. The screen I'm installing has instructions which say don't do that, instead apply silicone to the outside...
Replies
Views
Got all my stuff together to finally fit the recirculation pump to my hot water tank, but I can't budge the immersion element. I need this out because a) I'm fitting solar which will be used to heat the hot water and although the fitted element has not been used so far, it's been in maybe 20...
Replies
Views
I have bought a WISER Kit 1 to control my BAXI Platinum HE Combi boiler The boiler is currently controlled by a wireless thermostat and timer. The sender unit is circular and sits in the front bottom right of the boiler looking at the boiler from the front. The WISER apparently needs a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
T
  • Question
Hello, we have bulldog trvs on all our radiators but have a problem with 2 of them. The 2 upstairs radiators do not turn off (4 downstairs all work fine). If I switch the trv heads, taking one which works downstairs and putting it on an upstairs radiator it also does not shut off the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, I bought a M30x1.5 thermostat and was hoping to fit it onto the radiator (there is currently no thermostat attached), but it does not fit (the thermostat connector is too wide, see photos). Do I need an adapter or something, or a different thermostat? Thanks!
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I’m trying to fit new pillar basin taps upstairs. Before I even got to that part I turned off the main stopcock under the kitchen sink but of course it didn’t turn off the water upstairs (who knew!?!) So I tried the isolation valves in the bathroom and only the hot one turns and the cold won’t...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock