Search the forum,

Discuss how to cure drip from fitting in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a towel radiator that has a tiny leak on the lock shield side at a right angled compression fitting. There is a drip every 10 seconds from the back of the compression nut. The fitting is so small that I can't get the compression nut back to wind ptfe round the olive. I've tried ptfe round the threads on the radiator but it hasn't worked.

Is there anyway I can fix this without replacing it?

Attachments

• bend.jpg
    bend.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 28
I think you may have an issue with soldered fitting. Think it's time to call an engineer

the drip is not from the solder joint, it's from the compression nut

took the join to bits and discovered some strange items, see pic

something that doesn't look like an olive, or is it? it has a split in it, plus fragments of something else

I have reassembled with a new olive wrapped in ptfe, and I now have the tiniest drip every 2 minutes when the system is cold

that'll do for now just to get the heating on for a bit

Attachments

• IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 23
Your missing / it broke / perished an oring best to get a new set of valves also you can’t solder onto chrome tube have to file the all the chrome off

I didn't solder that joint a plumber did 15 years ago.

Are you saying the fitting is not supposed to be a compression fitting with an olive? Is it just like a tap connector with an o-ring?

Correct and don’t try an oring it’s a special piece

They may have filed off chrome but its not clear in pic so I'd be very thorough when checking that joint

The solder joint doesn't leak, have throughly checked. ShaunCorbs what's the name of the special fitting?

Tbh I can’t remember but there a Europe valve set as they use them across the pond so easier to change the valves for stnd towel rail ones

Reply to how to cure drip from fitting in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock