Search the forum,

Discuss Replace Radiator in Kitchen in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I live in a bungalow and I am refitting my kitchen/diner.

The existing radiator needs to be moved to the other end of the kitchen and replaced with a vertical radiator which I have just bought.

I can do some DIY plumbing myself, but need some advice.

I could reroute the pipes from the existing radiator through the loft (bungalow has concrete floors so everything goes through the loft space) and drop the pipes down to the new location and chase the pipes into the wall.

However, there just happens to be pipes that come down from the ceiling in the exact location I want to put the radiator, but they go through the wall into the next room to radiator in that room.

Can those pipes be split somehow to feed both the radiator in the next room and the new one for the kitchen and then the existing pipes of the old radiator just be capped and disused?

Does that make sense?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Kind regards,

BrennaBoy.

Assuming the drops are connected in to part of system that still has enough carrying capacity left
no problem.
In fact standard stuff just cap non needed drops in loft.

Assuming the drops are connected in to part of system that still has enough carrying capacity left
no problem.
In fact standard stuff just cap non needed drops in loft.
So should I reroute the pipes from the existing radiator across the loft to the other side of the room or should I cap those and split the pipes that feed the other radiator to feed both radiators somehow?

Rough rule of thumb would be-
If the pipes are 15mm and only feeding a rad or two then it's prob ok to tap into them.
If 10mm or less then you'll need to run new pipes.

Reply to Replace Radiator in Kitchen in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock