Search the forum,

Discuss bathroom isolation valves!?!? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nina N

I’m trying to fit new pillar basin taps upstairs. Before I even got to that part I turned off the main stopcock under the kitchen sink but of course it didn’t turn off the water upstairs (who knew!?!)
So I tried the isolation valves in the bathroom and only the hot one turns and the cold won’t turn at all (drenched in WD40). Even when the hot is turned it doesn’t stop the flow completely and the valve leaks. Now i’ve turned it back the pressure is worse.

Will I ever be able to change my taps without getting a plumber to put in new valves? I read about the gate valve in the airing cupboard but not sure how that works? would it only turn the hot off?
How can I turn the water off to fit the taps!

TIA x

It sounds like you have a cylinder and cold tank?
If you are struggling at this point I would recommend you get a Plumber. Not because of the tap replacement so much as what could go wrong whilst you're doing it. Better to get someone in to do the full job than get an emergency Plumber to help you out of a messy situation.

Reply to bathroom isolation valves!?!? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock