• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss walk-in shower glass and silicone in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

mitchino

Installing a walk-in shower screen. When I've done this before I've always applied silicone to the inside of the screen, along the bottom where it sits on the shower tray and up the side.

The screen I'm installing has instructions which say don't do that, instead apply silicone to the outside of the screen along the bottom and up the side.

Why do the instructions say that? Isn't it just asking for moisture and mould to start collecting under the glass edges?

Basher

This probably explains it better than I can, and assuming you have patience!
From about 3 minutes in:

mitchino

of course - bleeding obvious when you give it a moment's thought!

thanks for replying so quickly

Reply to walk-in shower glass and silicone in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net