Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Hi Everyone, (not sure if my last post worked so apologies if this is a duplicate). I have an Ideal Boiler (vogue max system 18) and a MegaFlo Water tank. On the boiler I only have 1 dial to turn the water temp up or down (no separate dials for heating and water). On the water tank, I can...
Replies
Views
N
Hi all, did a quick google search and came across here! I hope you can help me out with what seems like a very simple solution, I just don't have the proper knowledge of it. I'm just trying to connect a gas line to a dryer, looked up the simple video go-to guides. However, each time I install I...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Can the return pipe in a domestic hot water recirculating loop be connected to the cold feed to a direct HW cylinder
Replies
Views
Hi, first post here and am after some advice please. I'm having solar panels fitted in the next few weeks and the fit will include an iboost+ to use the immersion element to generate hot water. I've checked the immersion and using a couple of heat sensors it's apparent the element only heats the...
Replies
Views
Yes I know is a bit basic the header but have been milling this over for ages. Needs doing now as autumn approaching. I need to take a feed off a radiator in one room to feed another in an adjacent room. Problem is the doorway which I will have to cross. It is possible to cross under the...
Replies
Views
C
Advice needed on replacing stopcock. I can’t tell what sort of pipe the mains is or how it’s been connected. The pipe appears to be metal and is almost twice the size as the main pipe work in the kitchen. The stopcock has what looks like a normal compression joint at the top to the copper piping...
Replies
Views
Help needed for a DIY-er. I lifted my floorboard one night at 2am after a month of not knowing where my leak was coming from. I've numerous holes in my living room ceiling and had 3 different plumbers out from different companies unable to find the problem and all charging me for doing other...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, I have a problem. I have replaced the pan connector from the toilet to the waste pipe however it’s still leaking. I’ve added plumbers mait which still didn’t fix the leak. Is it possible to replace JUST the black seal in the 3rd photo attached with purple arrow? I can’t replace the...
Replies
Views
The en-suite sink waste pipe gets clogged up every few years with gunk (tootpaste, soap, etc). This was installed by a professional plumber and he is long gone. I took apart the U bend, but it was clean. I then smashed a very large tile and found the pipe behind was nearly horizontal going into...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm doing an automatic irrigation project with Arduino, which is connected to a solenoid valve which has male 3/4'' threading for water input and output (this solenoid valve - product page in Italian, sorry). I need to connect the output to a 16mm polyethylene pipe, and searching online I...
Replies
Views
Hello we currently have an old Stanley range cooker in the kitchen and a back burner in the living room. There is also a hot water tank in the bathroom. The plan is to remove the cooker and plumb in a regular external oil boiler. Would it be fine to use the existing flow and return from the...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I've got a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler and I'm trying to replace the room thermostat which has a faulty display. The faulty thermostat is a DT10RF optimiser which is discontinued so I purchased a Comfort 2 RF which is supposed to be the equivalent replacement. It should be a...
Replies
Views
Morning All After some advise on repairing a sink waste that goes into the toilet pan, which goes straight into soil stack. Had bathroom done 2 years ago, and then needed a new basin waste fitted recently. Plumber who fitted basin waste discovered a bodge from previous bathroom fitter, where...
Replies
Views
Hi all The valve on this pipe (blue) is broken. We are moving out soon and I need the right cap to stop the pipe once we remove our washing machine. Could someone point me in the direction of the correct cap to buy? Thank you so much!
Replies
Views
9-21-22 Hi All: I have always appreciated your comments and troubleshooting recommendations. If I may ask for your thoughts on the following: I have and older Orbit WaterMaster valve. Please see attached photo. I have 4 of these valves in the manifold. I have replaced the diaphragm on all 4...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, I have a dry blue plastic water pipe emerging in my detached garage. I have no idea where it originates from. I’m guessing it must be either in the kitchen or bathroom of my 2003 bungalow. But there is no evidence of this - short of taking units apart. Is there any way of tracing...
Replies
Views
N
Hi all, I have a mechanical timer (5 wire not including ground) by the boiler for heating & water and a thermostat in the living room. The timer keeps missing switches so not coming on/off automatically. I could replace it like for like but I'm considering removing it and changing the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would value your input. I have recently replaced a boiler with an airsource heat pump. The heat pump feeds ground floor and 1st floor underfloor circuits as well as radiators on 1st floor and second floor. Rooms with underfloor have thermostats (but they are not smart). The radiators...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I’ve got a very slow filling toilet which upon opening the cistern is due to the water coming very slowly out of the pipe and into the cistern. In the attached picture the cream plastic spout is where the water comes out and into the cistern but it’s just a trickle. I’ve checked that the...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock