Discuss Hard Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
When water is over 200ppm in the UK a scale reducer must be fitted, however from personal experience only water softners (ie calcium exchange units) are really any cop. Hartlepool up here in the North East has a water hardness of 400ppm, if you buy a combimate and fill with the siliphos crystals it will more than adequately protect the whole house water supply, provided you fit it after the stopcock, the crystals will need replacing roughly every 3-6 months depending on how hard the water is but not only will it keep the boiler working efficiently but will also cut down the likelihood of the custard getting gallstones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hard Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
Hello, First of all thank you to anyone who looks and reply's to my questions. I live in a terraced 2 bed house with a down stairs toilet and 2...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
C
Hi I'm sorry if this is going to be long-winded, but I had a water pump that served the hot and cold water to the whole of my house, but after...
Replies
Views
easyt
E
Z
Hello - first timer here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've just installed a replacement towel radiator. Upon installation, the rad...
Replies
Views
dougs.cowan
D
I
Just moved into new home and no manuals have been left by previous occupant. Looking around the house i have found: 1. A gloworm ultimate boiler...
Replies
Views
T

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock