Discuss Hot Valve Blanking Cap, Best Tool For Tightening. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will!!!!!!!! did one last week.
i may have overtightened slightly tho':eek:
we no longer have leaks weve followed the lead of the goverment and iradicated all leaks how ever we now have had a rise in incidents of temporary fluid displacement but at least we have no leaks

I am really confused now as to whether to use the washer that came with the cap that has the hole in the centre, or try and get one without the hole.

Surely if it's hand tightened properly and with the valve also turned off, this surely should be enough to stop any water leakage from the hot water pipe valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not try it and see ?

I tried it and works well.

My last question on this is the washers that fit on each end of the hoses, on my red hose the washer on the end that fits in the valve end for the hose, does it matter which way the washer fits in, as I noticed both sides on the washer look slightly different.

Sorry for asking questions you may find amusing, but I just want to get things right.

Sorry I forgot to ask, if I wanted to blank the cold valve too until delivery of the new machine so as to clean round the back, is the cap the same one to use as the one I used to cap off the hot valve?

I ask as the cold pipe will have a stronger pressure.

Just saw a post about all this, and this guy recommends he cut the pipe, have a look and tell me what you think.

Blanking cap, W/M valve

and here is the 323 stop end he refers to.

Conex Stop End 323 28mm - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot Valve Blanking Cap, Best Tool For Tightening. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
My heating system was installed in 1981 when the bungalow was built. It consists of a wall mounted Ideal Concord WCF 255A boiler with the flow...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
R
everyone gets some right weirdoes at times dont they?. i had a call to go and give a quote (well i opted to call around as i couldnt understand...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
J
hi Guys i have hust had this new unit installed...and any time the cold tap or washing machine or dishwater takes cold water and stops ...the hot...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
R
Hi, we have a combination water tank on our 3rd floor flat (no gas, it's all electric). so the cold water tank is directly over the hot water...
Replies
Views
D
I've lived in my house since it was built new in 2001. We have a Megaflow CL170 in the airing cupboard which is supplied by the gas boiler in the...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock