Discuss Ccn1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i done a logic course and one of mine was closed book i beleive it was 6 papers open book and one closed may have been 5 open book and 1 closed cant remember but defo had a closed book with about 20 questions they was on straight forward stuff about tightness tests purging and what not

IIRC basic gas safety was 15 questions or so and was closed book. It was basic stuff like how long for a tightness test and was straight forward enough.

i done a logic course and one of mine was closed book i beleive it was 6 papers open book and one closed may have been 5 open book and 1 closed cant remember but defo had a closed book with about 20 questions they was on straight forward stuff about tightness tests purging and what not

cheers, i'm registered with Logic as an assessor but havent done anything in that centre for a wee while, don't remember any closed book stuff, but then again i sometimes dont remember what i had for my dinner yesterday

IIRC basic gas safety was 15 questions or so and was closed book. It was basic stuff like how long for a tightness test and was straight forward enough.

this is a question on the bpec practical paperwork to show underpinning knowledge (oops shouldn't have said that!!!!!) its actually amazing how many get it wrong,

Do you still have to do work with a gas safe person to apply for ccn1?

Doing my just finished my CCN1. Doing my analysers, fires, cookers and boilers next. Hoping to be Gas Safe Registered by Xmas :)

Just felt like sharing that with you all!

Will also be doing a one day free worcester course that is being laid on by them in January :cool:

good luck fella,hope it go,s ok

cheers, i'm registered with Logic as an assessor but havent done anything in that centre for a wee while, don't remember any closed book stuff, but then again i sometimes dont remember what i had for my dinner yesterday

lol im the same on that front guess im lucky that wasn,t one of my questions lol

defo 20 questions closed book on very basic stuff such as tightness tests and purging etc dont know what accreditations it was ie logic bpec nicic .
my acs certificates say niceic though

Do you still have to do work with a gas safe person to apply for ccn1?

No you certainly do not. I did my CCN1 and appliances in the summer as did the rest of the lads in my college class who had been doing a gas nvq level 2 with me 2 days a week and I was the only one who worked in the industry. They just went on a 36 week course without having done a days work on gas in their lives. We built a portfolio and did assessments at college, they just had to find somewhere to do their on-site assessments for one day, they all went to my house and got it done at the same time, and it wasn't an assessment, just picture taking with cooker, fire and boiler. They are all eligable to be gas safe registered now having passed their ACS and Gas NVQ level 2. The course only cost around 800 quid plus the ACS, many got it funded too, most were unemployed previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ccn1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Over the past 3 years I have studied, completed and obtained a Level 3 NVQ in Gas Utilisation. It is ACS aligned and recognised by Gas...
Replies
Views
ive just changed a boiler for a landlord job finished and registered with gas safe now the landlords have told the customer that they have to have...
Replies
Views
M
I have passed my ACS, ccn1, cookers, fires, boilers, water heaters, cpa1. I've been installing boilers with my dad for 6 years (he is gas safe...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
A
Hello all - just registered hoping someone can help me with a bit of a quandary. I'm not a tradesman nor do I wish to DIY anything connected with...
Replies
Views
kirkgas
K
A
Hi, Im still on a learning curve here and would appreciate a little info on servicing procedure / landlords safety check for Gas hobs / cookers...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock