Search the forum,

Discuss Service cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amy

Hi, Im still on a learning curve here and would appreciate a little info on servicing procedure / landlords safety check for Gas hobs / cookers.

I understand we dont use the analyser on a gas hob, just observe the flame picture, is it the same for a free standing cooker. I know we test the grill and oven seperately with the analyser and correct attachments.

What would we do with the burner pressure for a hob if there were no instructions and the jet nipple was too short to fit the manometer tube on. Would standing / working pressures / gas rating / ventilation / clearances / flame picture and controls working be ok for a service.
What would the difference be between a service and a safety check.

Thx for any help, AMY.

Anyone help a student here, hehe, back at college again soon.
Amy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Not sure if this post got missed or people just think its such a silly question but I would really appreciate someone telling me what we do about checking pressures on a gas hob with no manufacturers instructions, all other tests- gas rate, working pressure from meter, visual flame pic, ventilation , location , controls etc all spot on.

Thankyou very much, Amy.

You have covered most of the points, on a hob the only things you can really check are flame picture and then gas rate it, don't bother with burner pressure as like you said it can be fiddly to get your tube on the injector. Make sure you take the oven out and check how the hob is piped up, have seen a few done with flexible tap hoses WTF!

I don't service hob's, but if the flame picture is not correct clean the crown and injectors. If taps are stiff then strip them out clean and then use some silicone grease on them.

Thankyou very much for that, It's so helpfull, might be obvious to some people but if you don't ask all the silly questions you never learn, THX, Amy.

You have covered most of the points, on a hob the only things you can really check are flame picture and then gas rate it, don't bother with burner pressure as like you said it can be fiddly to get your tube on the injector. Make sure you take the oven out and check how the hob is piped up, have seen a few done with flexible tap hoses WTF!

I don't service hob's, but if the flame picture is not correct clean the crown and injectors. If taps are stiff then strip them out clean and then use some silicone grease on them.

silicone grease on a gas tap, may be barking up the wrong tree but a copper based grease is meant to be used here isnt it?, keeps the gas in the right place!

I use the gas tap grease, for gas taps. Available from parts center, or this link........
[DLMURL="http://www.acornengineer.co.uk/product_info.php?id=5573?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle"]Product info :: Acorn Engineering[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, thanks for pointing that out old plumber I must have made a freudian slip on the keyboard!

Meant to say that I use Molykote gas cock grease, I normally repair more boilers than I grease gas taps, thats why I've got silicone grease on my mind LOl.

Hello there everybody. It's been a while.
Just been reading this thread and I have a silly question too. When checking a gas cooker is it legal requirments to check the CO/CO2 ratio on a gas cooker?
Or is it only a legal requirment to test boilers now?

most gas taps nowdays are sealed best you can do is a bit of wd if there tight or new hob

there is no legal requirement to check the ratio on most appliances. If the manufacturers instructions require it on installation or service of an appliance then it needs to be done, otherwise you can use your judgement and experience in deciding if its worth doing or needed. From april next year it will be part of the installation benchmark on new boilers to test both the poc and inlet sides.

Hobo, please join the gas safe registered forum to ask any gas related questions. Contact Redsaw or Gasman for access.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Service cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock