Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss gas certs when doing work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
ive just changed a boiler for a landlord job finished and registered with gas safe now the landlords have told the customer that they have to have a new landlords cert to include the new boiler since this involves testing a fire and a cooker plus a 30 mile round trip im loath to do it for nothing i maintain that the previous cert plus the new cert from gas safe is sufficent new cert is due in 3 months so id be losing that job as well anyone know the score on this kirk maybe ?

you do not have to issue a new LGSC when you fit the boiler, what it means is that when the "existing" cert runs out the landlord has 2 choices, include the 3 month old boiler in the new cert to bring all appliances into line (my preference) if they dont want to include the boiler in the check they dont have to as the boiler does not need to be checked until it is 1 yr old, however this is where it becomes more difficult to manage as the boiler will need to be checked in 9 months, but it is down to the landlord to decide, in a previous job i looked after 14,000 social housing properties and when we fitted a new boiler we charged and carried out a full new LGSC to keep everything in line, however this was because i had good landlords who cared about the tenants and knew it was the best solution, if it wasnt included in the original quote tell him to do one, the only paperwork required for a new install is benchmark(if manufacturer is part of scheme) and warranty paperwork, i did always get our guys to fill out the old CORGI CP4 so that we had some paperwork for the install if we werent doing a full new LGSC but that was my choice to cover us a bit

I follow a pattern similar to Kirk's. When we install a new boiler in our stock, we ask for a new LGSR to be done straight after the install. It ensures our appliances stay in sync.

I follow a pattern similar to Kirk's. When we install a new boiler in our stock, we ask for a new LGSR to be done straight after the install. It ensures our appliances stay in sync.

its fine to ask for it/pay up front, makes sense to me, but the OP's landlord wants it done after the event and wont pay for it,

Thanks Kirk. I agree. Boiler OK for 12months, other appliances need to be checked within 12 months of last cert. Landlord could have paid you a little extra to complete a new LGSR to bring the entire installation in line with the boiler install. I might have done it anyway on the install as an added value marketing excersize, but depends on how good a customer they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas certs when doing work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock