Discuss Broag Boilers..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

quickie

Need a new boiler and have pretty much decided on a 28C,but can anyone tell me the difference between the plus and the Eco ?

Are they the same with just the shorter warrenty on the Eco ?

Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the eco,you have to get fittings and valves,coming off the boiler extra,only gas isolation valve supplied
You get a non telescopic flue length with the boiler and that is all that can be fitted to it,no extra flue extensions ,elbows or plumage kit
As you say warranty shorter
However inside,seems the same,have fitted a lot of eco's and found just as reliable

Many thanks.

Flue will need to go vertical through roof so will get the Plus version.

Paul.

Are you sure? See Page 12 of the latest Brochure

You have the complete flue range with their standard boiler
But the eco just one elbow(from top of boiler) and flue provided
Spoke to them about 6 to 8 weeks ago,when removing a Britony combi and replacing with eco
wanted just to fit a 45' elbow in line to match original hole in wall,rang them to find nearest supplier who would have one in stock,when explained,told above,they admitted it would work but did not recommend it and it would effect the cover

On the eco,you have to get fittings and valves,coming off the boiler extra,only gas isolation valve supplied

Where would get these from?
I've just 10 minutes ago ordered one from here :
Plumbclick - Heating/Heating Special Offers/Broag Remeha Avanta 28C Eco Combi Including Free Of Charge Flue **WHILE STOCKS LAST**

There's no mention of there being no valves on the boiler jig but i've just read here and elsewhere their not supplied.
If buying these extra valves are expensive i'll get in touch, cancel the order and buy a different boiler.

Where would get these from?
I've just 10 minutes ago ordered one from here :
Plumbclick - Heating/Heating Special Offers/Broag Remeha Avanta 28C Eco Combi Including Free Of Charge Flue **WHILE STOCKS LAST**

There's no mention of there being no valves on the boiler jig but i've just read here and elsewhere their not supplied.
If buying these extra valves are expensive i'll get in touch, cancel the order and buy a different boiler.

You need 2 - straight 3/4" to 22mm compression fittings and 1-full bore 15mm cold mains isolation valve,so no big shakes

If you want to fit isolation valves on flow and return you will need 2-22mm full bore isolation valves,I do not bother with these though as never used,as said,you get gas isolation valve and hot and cold boiler connections,pr pipe just 15mm copper,condensate pipework,I have started connecting with 22mm straight plastic overflow compression fitting

You will not be disappointed with boiler performance,reliability or back up,all first class

internal clock extra and not supplied,their wireless thermostat/manual clock very user friendly

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the reply. I'm a bit peeved there's no mention of the missing valves on the site but it's no drama if I can just fit standard full bore valves.

I've bought a Drayton Digistat for ÂŁ30 off ebay to go with it so in all i'm chuffed with the boiler and controls for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Broag Boilers..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
G
hi guys! currently looking at new combi boiler to replace old boiler, got it down to 3 worcester junior 28i valliant 831 or borag remeha ...
Replies
Views
sparcktikus
S
hi all, new to this site. I have a problem with my combi boiler, its a potterton performa 24. I had slight hot water at taps and no central...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
T
Have a Potterton Combi 80. When the remote stat call for heat the boiler is operating in short burst say comes on for 30 secs goes off comes on...
Replies
Views
gasmarc
G
J
I'm interested in including this on combi install at my place. Currently we don't have any internal wall mounted thermostat so want at least some...
Replies
Views
Blackcatgas
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock