Discuss potterton performa 24 fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

1983mk

hi all, new to this site.
I have a problem with my combi boiler, its a potterton performa 24.
I had slight hot water at taps and no central heating the other day. I removed the H/exchanger and descaled it. re fitted it and i now have lovely h/w but still dont have Central heating. any ideas?
I have noticed that there is a 3 port valve to left hand side of boiler and if i am correct there is a switch that seems to should make contact with a pin from the 3 port valve however it looks stuck? do i require a new 3 port valve or just the inside part?
many thanks

big brass one? is that the one on the front to the left hand side. looks like it comes out of the valve and should 'make with a switch'? that switch is that switch for heating?

if your getting dhw lots can be ruled out,things that would make the heating play up
1. thermistor
2.time clock(if fitted)
3.roomstat (if fitted)
4. blocked return filter
i think we can eliminate the pump as the boiler would be locking out on dhw,is there any air in the rads?

no air as been bleed. no roomstat fitted.
first had no h/w or c/h then cleaned out h/e and got h/w. then put heating on and rads started to get hot. but only upstairs? if i put a screw driver against the switch the the spindle is ment to touch would that make heating come on??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton performa 24 fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock