Discuss worcester 28i valliant 831 broag remeha? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gmoncrag

hi guys! currently looking at new combi boiler to replace old boiler,
got it down to 3
worcester junior 28i
valliant 831
or borag remeha ?
the worcester ive heard are good, but have aluminimum heat ex
valiant 831 had some pipe leaking issues?? but has s/steel heat ex
borag remaha? cant find any one in midlands (walsall) who fits them? if any one fits them contact me :)

old system
8 x rads
baxi bemuda back boiler
with immersion heater (all to go)

info appreciated :) cheers guys

vaillant 831 definitely.fitted mine 4 years ago and no problems:)

I've been fitting the Worcester Greenstar range of late. Getting excellent feedback from my customers and comes with 2 year warranty

Personally not a fan of the junior. Only fitted three of them and all had problems with in the first two weeks.Could be just unlucky though!

The 831 and the Avanta have near enough the same heat exchanger.
Both excellent boilers, fiited loads of the both.
Only advantage of the Avanta over the 831 is that it is smaller and a tad quieter.

If you are changing the boiler under scrappage scheme ,then Vaillant are offering an extra years warranty on their boiler, giving you effectively athree year parts and labour.(see link)
The Avanta is 5 yr parts, and 2 yrs labour as standard.

Vaillant UK » Boiler Scrappage Scheme

Graham

broags/remeha is a good boiler for the price plus 5 yr warranty, vaillant and worcesters cost more and are more complicated internally hence more to go wrong and 3 year warranty, why are broag giving a 5 year warranty, cos they believe in their product and its simpler and cheaper to buy

Well if you are putting on a old system ,go for valliant or Remeha with the s/steel heat exchanger
Both good boilers,have had a few valliant eco tecs with leaks develop on rubber l/h hose,put one in last week as requested by customer and just added two extra jubilee next to crimp clips to stop this happening,small price to pay but should not need to and this fault should have been corrected by now:(
I am turning into a remeha man,just a bit concerned about the very high price of spares at the moment but thay say they are going to correct that,also just brought out a points system which is good as I have about 50 fleeces,running out of neighbours to give them to:)

loads of fleeces!!, im still waiting for the discount cash back on the first remeha i put in way back, now looking at intergas boilers. clever concept of hot water and heating working off one heat exchanger, therefore no diverters valves needed, flow switch on hw just turns off ch pump. look good value for money main hq close enough to support me as well

hmmm thank you for your time guys and the info, hows the spares and customer service on the broag/remeha/avanti boilers, do they have there own engineers to sort major issues out??
cheers :)

Im in wolverhampton, remeha boilers are good i recommend these along with worcesters and the new ideal logic ,ideal may have had bad rep in past but this range seem really good
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester 28i valliant 831 broag remeha? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock