Discuss Remeha Weather Compensation - Celcia 20 v iSense in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jakehake

I'm interested in including this on combi install at my place. Currently we don't have any internal wall mounted thermostat so want at least some form of timer/thermostat including when we do the work.

With regards to timers I understand the two above named ones are the recommended(or at least Remeha supplied) options. As we currently don't have anything I'm sort of inclined to go the wireless route rather than channeling wired in round the house now, but if we had to I guess we could find somewhere for it to go without causing a massive mess.

What I can't fathom though is what I lose on the iSense wireless bit not being Opentherm, whereas the wired version of both is Opentherm standard. Is that really going to affect me not having that standard? Also on the iSense there is occasionally a reference to the iBase which I presume is the part located at the boiler. Is this always part of the boiler or does it come with the iSense(or seperate again as I can't find it in any brochures/trade price lists).

I've located 1 installer so far who has done Remehas, but he has never done weather comp. I also emailed Broag sales to see what info they could give me on local installers etc. but they gave no response yet after a week. Anyone know any installers in the Bournemouth area or how to find out?

any decent engineer can intall a remeha and the instructions provided are clear and simple and the wiring diagrams the best to work from, I tend to recommend remeha as standard for my boiler installs now.
Any wireless unit needs a receiver base on the boiler as a connection between the 2, bought as part of the thermostat package etc. But from what I can see the isense is hardwired may be wrong, as its fairly new to the range.
I would advise hard wiring in any modulating controls to ensure they work effectively, as batteries go flat and the system will fail to work properly. Dontt know much about the isense but the celcia 20 system works well from talking to reps etc, get your engineer to talk to the merchants for prices an look Plumbclick - fr an example of costs on the net

Weather comp is the way forward, it wont work aswell as it could if youve an older poorly insulated house, you will still get some savings though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remeha Weather Compensation - Celcia 20 v iSense in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock