Discuss fagor water heater safety valve dripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charlie2009

I have a apartment in portugal that has a 100 litre electric fagor water heater.On the cold feed pipe there is a sprung loaded safety valve.Once the water is heated up the safety valve starts to drip.normally when the taps are turned on in the apartment.This heater was installed around 12 months ago along with the other apartments,which also have the same problems.Any info would be welcome.

I would say based on what I know about Fagor and the French system, its not a problem, its designed to relive any excess pressure generated when the water heats up, I know the combined shut off valve/non return valve/safety valve, as a groupe de securitie, the GdS should have a trap with an air break between the trap and the GdS, with a waste pipe that leads to a drain this will or should let any excess water let by because of the pressure build up run to waste

Is this what you are looking at ?? its a GdS

Groupe de sécurité

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.The gds is what we have.When the heater was fitted they never bothered to fit a overflow pipe to the waste,so its dripping into a bowl at the moment.Another job to sort out!!!!!!

The overflow part of the safety valve does not have a thread on it.It just has a lip on it.Will the kit still fit?Thanks

Charlie,

I am sorry I don't know about the Portuguese type of GdS only the French type, but would assume that they would all be the same

I can only surmise that the GdS is not complete, the French models have a white plastic air break with a threaded tail, the trap has a deflector ( a circular collar, with two cut outs) that screws into the tail of the GdS,

The deflector snaps into the actual trap, its a circular disc with a female threaded inner portion (that screws onto the GdS with a spider grid surrounding the threaded part, and the two up-stands on the outer edge, with a lip for the trap to snap on to it

Hope that this helps you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fagor water heater safety valve dripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all, Need advice....I have recently purchased a house which needed lots of work doing. It has no mains gas so everything is electric...
Replies
Views
A
Now sorted... don’t bother reading this stupid long post. Hi, I’ve got a bit of a head scratcher here and wondered what you guys would make of...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
S
Excessive pressure drop in Megaflo UV Mark 1 2002 My first posting on this website and I apologise for it being a long one: A domestic hot water...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
M
Hi folks, Newbie on the forum so please help.. I have a two bedroom flat with an Electric Immersion Boiler/Water heater which is only used for...
Replies
Views
Back