Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the DIY Plumbing Forum - .

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

• Funny
Hi all, Thanks for reading. I just picked up a 2015 greenstar 2 heatslave 18/25 oil boiler to replace my relic from the 80's (still a greenstar bit not up to the flow requirements and it's not a condensing boiler so not efficient). Obviously a used item, it has 2 oil feeds. My current boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Following a first-floor bathroom remodel done poorly by a plumber in our house a couple of years ago I have stripped everything out and I'm starting over and plan to install our original 'vision' carefully and properly. I found that the 110mm vent stack was terminated just below a hole in the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
The discharge hose from our washing machine comes out of the machine, runs about five feet along the floor under the work surface and then goes vertically up under the sink where it joins the sink discharge pipe. Every time we empty the sink, the water often goes back down the hose and even...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly. However, I'm really struggling to access the cartridge. The way to remove the tap appears to be to unscrew the chrome covering i.e. this will bring...
Replies
Views
Noise seems to stop when softener is bypassed, not 100% certain. Noise is intermittent, a thwack/thump we can feel in the inlet pipe. It's only for a few hours a day, and never when water is running. Harvey's water softener is 4 years old and water is from mains, not a tank. Salt is not blocked...
Replies
Views
I have a caravan with a brand new heating system.The Valliant combi boiler is working fine but one radiator and one towel rail are stone cold.I have bled both and also tried to balance the radiators with no success.Even when I shut off all other radiators the problematic ones still don't heat...
Replies
Views
Hi, is the below pictures the right setup for my nest heat link to my Worcester greenstar boiler compact?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
R
Hi, We‘be recently moved into a property with a very old Potterton statesman. My husband bled the radiators last night…and since then he’s called all sorts of problems! There is now only one tiny radiator with heat in it. There is no pressure gauge on the boiler , I can’t find a full loop on...
Replies
Views
Hi All! first post. 👍 Im starting to put together a plan to put two bathrooms in my house. I'm looking for some input on my plan. Ive made a rough diagram of what I want to do and routing of vents and drains and could use some advice. Does the vent setup work? Any code issues or anything I...
Replies
Views
I have a potential issue with a toilet on a newly tiled floor and looking for some advice on acceptable tolerances and what to do. The back of the toilet sits at about 2mm from floor and the sides vary between 2mm - 16mm. It is a closed back on toilet base and approximately 190mm to 200mm from...
Replies
Views
Has anyone seen tap heads like these? Trawled the internet cannot find anything similar, after removing the grub screw I cannot for the life of me lift the tap head off tried prying with screwdriver but too scared to use excessive force and break the tap
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi People, So, I'm looking to fit a new Monarch Midi HE water softener, upstairs bathroom suite, downstairs WC suite and probably replace the existing Telford 900x450 indirect grade 3 water cylinder, like for like. I'm doing this for my girlfriend, who has recently had a new Worcester Greenstar...
Replies
Views
I now have a Main 18 HEAT ERP boiler which has its own bypass valve. Should I remove the existing external one to improver system flow?
Replies
Views
Can anyone advise me on a possible flexible connection between a water inlet pipe and a cistern? I have posted images of a 150 mm long flexible pipe, the shortest I could find, and the existing pipework disconnected from a cistern. The pipe to the cistern will not reconnect properly and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have noticed the hot water faucet under the kitchen sink is leaking. It seems to be leaking underneath the cupboard. The flexible connection was recently changed. Also there is a portable washer that is being connected to the sink sometimes. I am not sure if this has anything to do with...
Replies
Views
I have read that an Auto Bypass Valve (ABV) is not compatible with a pump set to Proportional Pressure (PP) mode. I have a recently fitted Vaillant EcoFit Pure 430 heat-only boiler + Vaillant SensoComfort weather sensing controls + 15 rads (12 with TRVs) across 2 CH zones + a static bypass...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We have a kinked copper pipe that leads to the dishwasher under our sink. All I would like to know is what kind of pipe it is. I cannot find a similar one anywhere online and it would be a great help if someone could direct me to an example. The pipe is copper 12mm and terminates with a...
Replies
Views
Hello! I'm Canadian so you may wonder what I'm doing on a UK plumbing forum. I'm basically just here to learn the British term for a tool that I've seen recommended in American plumbing videos. As you probably don't know, Canada has a curious mix of terminologies at times and sometimes we use...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm looking to install an observation chamber which will have 160mm pipe running in and out of it. I want to catch any debris in the observation chamber before it exits ... probably a small grate with 10mm squares catch everything I need. Would would be the best way to do this? should I try...
Replies
Views
I have a Danfoss 2-port valve model HPA2 (which has suspect motor issue) I can get Honeywell 2-port valves & motors much cheaper & easier as local Trade place stocks Honeywell. Is there a direct equivalent Honeywell motor activator? ....... so I could just swap the synchronous motor over ? or...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock