Search the forum,

Discuss Heatslave greenstar II 18/25 duel oil feed in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Thanks for reading. I just picked up a 2015 greenstar 2 heatslave 18/25 oil boiler to replace my relic from the 80's (still a greenstar bit not up to the flow requirements and it's not a condensing boiler so not efficient). Obviously a used item, it has 2 oil feeds. My current boiler only has 1.

My question is, can I convert it to a single feed? The feed I have is a 10mm and it's about 6m from the boiler and no more than 1.5m above the pump.

Again thanks for any help with this.

By two oil feeds, presume one is the supply and the other a return to the tank?.
My 18 year old Firebird with a Riello G5X burner came with a by pass screw taped to the front of the instruction manual because when supplied originally with the by pass screw (which I call a blank) installed in the oil return it was blowing the pump seals as it didn't allow the oil to recirculate internally back to the pump suction when boiler installed as a single pipe. Just ensure that one of these isn't installed in your pump oil return port, its ~ a 2mm allen head needle valve. (If installing as a single pipe)

This Danfoss unit looks similar to my Riello.
1679790295964.png

Attachments

• Riello G5X Internal By Pass PLUG Screw..jpg
    Riello G5X Internal By Pass PLUG Screw..jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thanks bud, I'll have a look what the pump is. Do I just blank off the upper inlet?

Initially I did think it could be a return but then I was reading about the higher Kw boilers having 2 feeds if the pipework is below 6mm?

OK, just ensure that this plug isn't in the pump, what pump have you got?.
I have just had a sober look at the manual and it seems straight forward. Makes me wonder how much other stuff I have got wrong when beer has been involved 🤣

It's under a tarp in the garden at the min, I'm going to flush it out later today so I'll whip the cover off and look what pump it's got.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help. Especially for something that was in black and white in front of me 😬

OK, just ensure that this plug isn't in the pump, what pump have you got?.
The pump is a RBL and the pipes are marked up on there. It is a return feed. The manual also says it's fine to blank it off :) good news all round.

Now I need to find a supplier for the inlet connections as the places I have found so far are crazy money! Sadly not much care was taken when they have decommissioned it

Thanks again

If you are installing it as a one pipe then ensure that bypass is removed as it will have been left installed if it was piped up originally as a two pipe.

"Designed to allow working with one pipe or two pipe oil feed systems.
Dispatched units are normally factory set for single pipe systems at 8 Bar oil pressure, in order to obtain two pipes systems it is necessary to unscrew the return plug and insert the bypass screw supplied and then screw in the return hoses."

If you are installing it as a one pipe then ensure that bypass is removed as it will have been left installed if it was piped up originally as a two pipe.

"Designed to allow working with one pipe or two pipe oil feed systems.
Dispatched units are normally factory set for single pipe systems at 8 Bar oil pressure, in order to obtain two pipes systems it is necessary to unscrew the return plug and insert the bypass screw supplied and then screw in the return hoses."
Thank you
That's the little grub screw inside the hole where I will disconnect the return pipe isn't it?

And hopefully last question, will the blanking plug listed above fit that pump?

Thanks again I owe you a beer!!

That's correct, if the grub screw is still there. The blanking plug shown in post#2 is for a Danfoss, yours is a Riello RBL??, if so, should look like the one below, can't find a manual for it on line, there should be two arrows on the pump body, one pointing upwards which is the fuel inlet, the other, pointing downwards, is the return or where the blanking plug should go, what is in those two ports now?, are they both open.

eefa4aaf8788b5b4b03eceb94493649c.jpg

That's correct, if the grub screw is still there. The blanking plug shown in post#2 is for a Danfoss, yours is a Riello RBL??, if so, should look like the one below, can't find a manual for it on line, there should be two arrows on the pump body, one pointing upwards which is the fuel inlet, the other, pointing downwards, is the return or where the blanking plug should go, what is in those two ports now?, are they both open.
You are correct there is an arrow with the in and out. Both of the holes have flexy oil lines connected to them at the moment. The pump is the same as the one you posted. I'll hunt online for a blanker

Thanks

The arrow pointing away from the pump you need to blank

Polite reply here, but firstly stating the obvious maybe, - second hand boilers are a big risk and will require overhauled. I hope you paid little or nothing for it.
Secondly, - since you have no idea about connecting the oil pump, you obviously won’t have the know how to install and commission the boiler.
Wise to use an oil engineer to do install and set boiler using an analyser and you just do the labouring work and anything else you are able to.
That is if you can find a willing oil engineer.
The oil pump is likely to be near end of life anyhow if original 8 year old and wouldn’t surprise me if it also has water and crud inside it.

Reply to Heatslave greenstar II 18/25 duel oil feed in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock