Search the forum,

Discuss No fill loop, ideas on where to find one? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Ruth Mullen

Hi, We‘be recently moved into a property with a very old Potterton statesman. My husband bled the radiators last night…and since then he’s called all sorts of problems! There is now only one tiny radiator with heat in it. There is no pressure gauge on the boiler , I can’t find a full loop on boiler. And I’ve looked on the downstairs immersion water cylinder to see if there’s a fill loop there as some one had suggested this . How can I get pressure into the system? Can you suggest any other places we could try looking …we haven’t been up in loft yet to check if anything on the other water tank up there, is that likely? Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer. It has a Grundfos selectric, which appears to have valves above and below it. Ruth

Inside the boiler case?

7C8358F2-CEEA-4C3B-8FFE-622D9F501642.png

Depends if it's a system boiler or not. Probably an F&E tank in the roof and ballvalve stuck, or as I've recently seen in one place, F&E tank removed and fill loop installed in same place in attic!

Reply to No fill loop, ideas on where to find one? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not doing the job but he wants to know what to buy and replace it himself and asked me where to get one. I said I'd have a mooch. He sent this picture. I...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Moved to flat recently, and the heating is not very good. I realized the pressure is too low, below 1 bar. It is Meibes, product number 10920.26 OH5 So I am looking how to fix it. I am only a DIY'er, so bare with me. In the diagram you can see the fill loop mentioned, but that is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock