Discuss mobile phones in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

What a strange thread for a plumbing forum.

I was tired of having a mobile that was all singing all dancing even made the tea if you asked it.

Tired of radios, cameras, and the relentless other pointless gadgets on the blasted things that I NEVER use.

All I wanted was a very long battery life, a good size phone book and now I'm struggling for some thing else I need it to do.

Well, I found it, I've had a sonim JCB phone for about 3 months now. I'm over the moon with it. I've bashed it, got it wet, thrown it in the back of van in temper (better that than a customer) and its survived.

No matter where you are you'll hear it, its loud. You would even have difficulty loosing it, Why? I hear you all asking, well its bright yellow.

Highly recommend this phone. I only paid £120 for this as well so my contract is a lot less as well..........

I was tired of having a mobile that was all singing all dancing even made the tea if you asked it.

Tired of radios, cameras, and the relentless other pointless gadgets on the blasted things that I NEVER use.

All I wanted was a very long battery life, a good size phone book and now I'm struggling for some thing else I need it to do.

Well, I found it, I've had a sonim JCB phone for about 3 months now. I'm over the moon with it. I've bashed it, got it wet, thrown it in the back of van in temper (better that than a customer) and its survived.

No matter where you are you'll hear it, its loud. You would even have difficulty loosing it, Why? I hear you all asking, well its bright yellow.

Highly recommend this phone. I only paid £120 for this as well so my contract is a lot less as well..........
Is this the same as my Sonim XP3 Quest, 3yr garentee, return it if it breaks in that time and they give you a new phone, waterproof to 5m, dust proof, they drive a landrover over one in the you tube adverts it survives!, camara, built in gps, torch,works between -50 to +70 very chunky.
I used to have one of those blue rubber Nokias, loved that phone, lasted 2.5 years, normal phones last me 6mnths.

My Nokia 6230 is still going strong as a work phone

I had to take the battery out the other day and when I put it back in it defaulted the date to 01/01/2004 to me that says its about 6 years old

Battery life still good for 2-3 days untill it needs charging

I have been told that it is way out of dte and new houses are actually made out of these now (pun there is that it is a brick)

Still it does the job, calls, answers, messages

What more do you need from a work phone

Even still it has a camera albeit not the best

I have dropped it more times thabn David James has dropped a football yet it refuses to break down

Mazuma mobile syas its worth £6.00 I says it priceless

My personal phone, an LG, i have is just about a year old and its on its 3rd replacement. Plus it is now been sent back to me from LG as apparently it had water damage but they sent it back to me with out a button! The saga continues

hello blackcatgas,

Don't think it is the same but the warranty is very long and its dust proof etc but hasn't got a camera. Its a very robust phone, so far, best phone I've owned for a long time.

if anyone knows to one going cheap call me;)
ps open or on t mob

I just got my iPhone, its like the ultimate gadget phone, apps for everything, only thing is I'm scared to death of scratching/dropping/loosing prob even using it !!

Perhaps have to start a list of apps that would be useful to us all :D

two new screens on my n96,definitely not a work phone,will be looking for a more robust one when upgrade comes around:)
si

I have just got a new phone as I am sick to death of them braking on on me so know high tech for me anymore. Got the Samsung B2100 solid extreme seem robust but early days. But rather amused it has a facility to remind you to pray! And all the ring tones sound like they are out of a bollywood movie LOL:eek:

Mate,

I pray on every job, normally before I start....... then during the job and again when I get paid.....

I don't need reminding........

Hi

I had the sonim landrover delivered today,serious piece of kit, the tonka toy of mobile phones !

Plum Bob

Hi Blackcatgas

How do you use the GPS on these phones, I have the sonim Landrover which is basically the same as the JCB

Pum Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my iPhone, its like the ultimate gadget phone, apps for everything, only thing is I'm scared to death of scratching/dropping/loosing prob even using it !!

Perhaps have to start a list of apps that would be useful to us all :D
Dont panic with the iphone, its tougher than it looks. You have to get one of these protectors (military grade protection). Had mine 18 months now and im not ready to change it any time soon. Agree with apps for plumbers/gas engineers and find it hard to understand why we havnt got apps like mears calculator, pipe sizing calculators, gas certs ect....(the options are endless) although i have got gas rate charts and boiler manuals on mine using the Quickoffice app. Many times ive been able to download fire/boiler manuals whilst on site (a bit awkward to read on small screen).......bring on the iPad.

Hi Squirrel

I just bought the tonka toy of all mobiles, the sonim Landrover. Think its pretty much the same as your JCB. Does yours have sat nav, if so can let me know how you use, becasue I havent a clue.

Plum Bob

Hello Plum Bob,

No it doesn't mate, its very basic and simple just like me......

will have to get a JCB mobile, my sony ericson's last a few months at most

Hi Squirrel

I just bought the tonka toy of all mobiles, the sonim Landrover. Think its pretty much the same as your JCB. Does yours have sat nav, if so can let me know how you use, becasue I havent a clue.

Plum Bob
Hi bob, I havent yet used the gps!, ive got to alter some settings or somthing yet!, my mates got the landrover one and heas going to set it up for me.

Well when he does let me know because its got me flumaxed, mind you on the plus side its hard as nails, just cant engage the 4 wheel drive:confused:

Bob

Sounds like a good phone, I am only taking a college course so i dont have one yet but will consider it when i manage to get onto a site. To be honest though i would prefer a hard wearing phone anyhow, better than this touch screen crap i have !

Dont get the blackberry, mine packed up today its 5 months old. im now using the very old but very trusty nokia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mobile phones in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Driving about the last month,has been seeing a lot of vans with new plumbing names on,most be the time of year or all the site plumbers and newly...
Replies
Views
S
hi all just a quick one what kind of van do you all use / fits the job best what i call a small van eg vauxhall combo swb or a lwb then high top...
Replies
Views
grahamgas
G
B
I often think people who are self employed are in a very poor position when it comes to getting info and friendly support. I know how...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B
D
Thanks for taking the time to read this and for putting up with my moaning but here I go..... I mainly do basic domestic plumbing. You know...
Replies
Views
hamish72
H
N
hi, i am new at this so i will just ask away i guess. i am neil by the way. i am trying to get set on my career path and seeking all options...
Replies
Views
gravytrain
G
Back