Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss I've had enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DarkCrystl

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for putting up with my moaning but here I go.....
I mainly do basic domestic plumbing. You know, pump replacements, new radiators, leaky taps etc. At the moment it is very difficult to know where the next job is coming from and I feel like jacking it all in, travelling the world and when I return just getting a mundane job with virtually no stresses at all. I feel I provide a prompt and proffessional service and my prices I believe, are reasonable.
Anyway, was out golfing with my dad this morning and customer phones saying their shower hose is split, can I come round to have a look. I says yes mate, I'll get a new one for you and come round on my way back and fit it.
This job would've only taken 10 minutes or so and in good faith did not want to charge for a full hour.
He says he will buy the hose.
I say O.K. and I would like £20 to cover my costs to do this job for you.
Customer agreed. I phone him to say I'm on way and he says HE will give me £15. I say well thats the cost to remove the split hose and I'll need another £5 to fit new if you wanna be like that!:D. In the end I said I'm busy and don't even want to come over now. Do it yourself. These are types of customer I don't need and I'd rather not work for someone like this.
Also I dont understand- this is a plumbers forum but I observe the lengths we go to to advise the general public about prices and job details etc just so they can have a go and somebody else doesn't get an all important phone call.
Thanks for hearing me winge on but it p****d me off.;)

If it's any help I treat those type of people like a loan. You don't expect the money back. So I choose to do the job on the basis I won't be paid but it's a bonus if I am.

Or

I choose not to do the job at all.

for sale,
one remington 12 bore shotgun and 1 swan shot cartridge never used, £20 ono.
been there many a time.
do the job then sting them next time.

What you need is a good chicken broth,like me mum used to make, to build up your resistance again and get back to the water off a ducks bum mentality again

Onward and up wards

As said the plumbing skills are only a small part of the skills needed to run a small business,worlds full of knockers and micky takers what ever you do,let them get the better of you or start the day negatively and say good night :(

Yeah you're right. Not gonna let them get me down no more. Need to toughen up a bit more.
Had a call from previous customer last night who needs work done this coming week. No problems, get on well and he knows my work standards. Cleaned up my van this morning, sorted out my paperwork and gonna chill today.
Many thanks;)

these people tickle me,had a customer a fair while back,was installing a new cooker for him,i advised him that his pipework needed upgrading as his connection was ntc,before i had a chance to explain to him there would be additional costs he starts telling me he works for trading standards,just for that i doubled the price,still tickles me now:D:D:D:Dhe should have kept his trap shut:cool:

Reminds me of many years back I was in TV repairs (qualified I add) bloke failed to pay then 12 months later appeared with a fiver he owed as he now had another problem

I visited his home told him the problem was with house electrics and laughed when he got the local lecky board in for very costly checks and upgrade

you know I still dont feel guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I've had enough in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock