Discuss Customers shadow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winston

Why is it that certain customers feel the need to watch you working it is really off putting:(

their probably just bored and got nowt else to do

They watch you Winston to make sure you don't make any mistakes. It is as you say a virtual guarantee that when they watch you will.

I've been in landlords houses, to service gas appliances and virtually the whole family have come and sat down to watch me.

Disconcerting but you get accustomed to it and then you start to develop the Builders/Plumbers "Alright love" approach and put on a bit of a show for them.

Try wearing a top hat and tails or something, a bit of sword swallowing would not come a miss either, at least its good advertising!!! :) :)

Right Top Hat and Tails, Sword Swallowing & juggling with my blow torch like a cocktail waiter give it a go :D

If they watch me, they soon stop when I've asked them to get something from my van for the fifth time.

had one on friday,
system flush, the guy was all over us like a body guard.
we had 2 wheely bins outside to put the rads on for washing out.
i forgot the valve was pointing at him and he, the corner of the house, the pvc door got a good soaking of black gunge.
he dissapeared after that we realised after we got up of the floor.

Did a boiler swap for a lovely Saudi family this week,was watched like a hawk venting and changing TRV's.Very security conscious.cameras everywhere,DVD recorder clocked in loft,very,very cash rich.Money must have been stashed all over.Wallet left on dining room rad,upside down,as a tester I think.Customers watch and I just try to explain what I'm doing,but I'd much rather be left alone.

I do not mind customers watching me working,its when they are nearly on your shoulder and have bad breath,usually just ask them to move back preferably go stand next to a toothbrush and paste :)

I often have a scratch and then mention the scabies problem im on meds for.

hi steve the plumber
ha ha like the blowlamp touch i'll have to remember that one.

Funny though no one wanted to watch me unblocking there drains this morning :D It was lovely a real nice healthy crust all over it :D

"sorry mr smith, the more you get in my way and ask questions, the longer this will take and you are paying me by the hour. If you want, I will tell you when I have finished and you can come and have a look"

or

"I am on a price, and cannot afford to stop every ten minutes to explain what I am doing. Please let me get to the end of the job and we can have a chat."

my pal had a customers kid keep moving his tools , so he wire wooled a off cut of copper , heated it with his blow torch , the kid soon stopped ,

Had a customers dog sniffing my arse and knackers every two minutes, it wouldnt have been so bad but it was a male dog! A quick smack round the head got rid of the ***** *******.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha I have literally just come back from a blokes , built like a brick **** house semi pro cage fighter with a tattoo on his head of a small sword , bloody annoying job too watching me constantly like he was going to bite my nose off if I did'nt finish quick sharp, so I dropped £20 off the price in foresight of my good health......turns out his landlord is paying anyway....

Last edited by a moderator:
can't stand the scumbags in rented houses, moaning and complaining when if they hadnt been spending all their earning on drugs, they would OWN a house of their own. Moaning about 'their' house.!!!!!!

i dont mind being watched to be honest, although you find you start making mistakes. Had a lady watching us the other day, so kept the tea hints going all day.

Asked about the magic kettle, also repeatedly told the customer how thirsty we were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customers shadow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, First post here, so please be kind! I am currently having a lot of trouble with air and related noise in my open vented heating system...
Replies
Views
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
A
Hello, Sorry for the long post, but I think detailed information will help you in providing maximum input! I live in a 3 bedroom, 2...
Replies
Views
S
I haven't started a thread for such a long time and I have the urge to write something so here goes: This thread is meant for the people just...
Replies
Views
K
customer wants taps changing and she don't want the boiler turning off or the hot water cylinder draining down cos its only just been sorted after...
Replies
Views
Back