Discuss Blow Torch, which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the Rothenberger trigger torch with Propane mainly. Nice not to have a bottle of gas in your hand as it gives you more control and it can fit in tight spaces. Not cheap though! As a general rule I think that Mapp gas burns too hot for small pipework like 15 and 22mm. Can get the flux too hot resulting in a poor joint. Just my opinion!

Turbotorch TX504 is my weapon of choice. Find it much better than the SF. Never tried Nerrad's.

I'm tempted by turbotorch tx504 I've been tolled that you get a much more contained flame making soldering in awkward areas better , have you any thoughts on this as a owner ? I've got the Rothy

So got the rothenberger for Christmas thanks guys for the in put but I'll take all this in to count text time IMG_0044.jpg

Anyone else purchased a Nerrad firejet ?
I'm in need of a replacement after having a bullfinch firepower die on me after 6 months.
Would normally go for SF 2 but saw Nerrad advertising in last months installer mag and fancied a change.
Thoughts anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blow Torch, which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Evening all..! Just a couple of questions really.... 1. I have just bought a used hilmor (15-22mm) pipe bender. Do you have to use hilmor guides...
Replies
Views
T
R
Hi, im in need of another blowtorch, are new blowtorches rubbish compared to the older ones from 20-30 years ago? anyway which of the 2 would be...
Replies
Views
JJayMan
J
C
Sorry about the title but with all the trainees about, I had to grab everyones attention and stand out somehow! I am looking for someone who...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
T
Hello Im 23 years old and now coming to the end of a two year City & Guilds 6129 plumbing course which i have funded myself. After three years...
Replies
Views
jono1987
J
B
Help me, I am currently studying the 6129 in Basic Plumbing and am in desperate need of a plumber or plumbing organisation that will be prepared...
Replies
Views
vincentsrus
V
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock