Discuss Blow Torch, which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the rothenburger 2, the torch heads last me about 2 years. I do buy decent gear after research. For instance, will only use bacho adjustables, keep them clean and keep my eye on them, check my tool bag every time I leave a job. Hate cheap power tools, watch builder buy cheap drivers for a job, they fail, they buy a new one, charge goes to customer, no real torque control, srcew heads ripped off, pozi heads damage, whats the point. Buy trusted tools and look after them, they'll make your life easier.
By the way do any of you have tools but dont use them, my wife bought me a set of multi steps, they're good, but I leave them at home and still use my normal steps on the van. I think about this yet still carry on.

I use the rothenburger 2, the torch heads last me about 2 years. I do buy decent gear after research. For instance, will only use bacho adjustables, keep them clean and keep my eye on them, check my tool bag every time I leave a job. Hate cheap power tools, watch builder buy cheap drivers for a job, they fail, they buy a new one, charge goes to customer, no real torque control, srcew heads ripped off, pozi heads damage, whats the point. Buy trusted tools and look after them, they'll make your life easier.
By the way do any of you have tools but dont use them, my wife bought me a set of multi steps, they're good, but I leave them at home and still use my normal steps on the van. I think about this yet still carry on.

I couldn't agree more, we are professional trades men and so should be using professional tools not DIY tools you can buy from B & Q, treat your tools with respect, keep then cleaned and they will look after you. You get what you pay for so the extra money is in fact an investment, in my opinion.

Image and first impression is everything in our industry, if you make a good impression on the customer you will get further business...of course you have to do a good job too.

little things like being polite, not swearing, wiping your shoes as you come in, lay dust sheets, present your tools nicely...etc etc does not go unnoticed.

back on topic, Go for the Roth Superfire 2, you wont regret it.

Alex

Just bought the superfire 2, for ÂŁ91 with 2 bottles of propane and 2 bottles of mapp. Never used mapp before what is the diffrence between the two gasses apart from it being a higher heat? would you use it for larger diameter pipes?

Shame you probably coulda got all that for ÂŁ75 if u looked round a little....

the difference is the higher heat, and yes wider pipes and also i find outdoors if its been cold its just a tad quicker.

for an extra couple of quid id get the mapp each time

Alex

I use a Bernzomatic TS7000, apparently identical to a Rothy superfire, just a different badge.

I agree though cheap tools are usually false economy, but in saying that I have bought some cheapo stuff which has got me out a tight spot!!

Cheers Alex kinda thought as much. Damb will have to start looking around before buying d'oh

Like said

I use rothenburger sf2 for bigger pipe and bernzo for 15 and 22.

Anyone got the Bullfinch Firepower torch? Looking at getting a new torch soon.

no but my dad [aplumber for 40 years] reckons bullfinch are a top make or allways used to be me i have a rothenburger but its dieing

Just bought the superfire 2, for ÂŁ91 with 2 bottles of propane and 2 bottles of mapp. Never used mapp before what is the diffrence between the two gasses apart from it being a higher heat? would you use it for larger diameter pipes?

from plumbfix?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made my mind up - I'm going to get the Bullfinch soon as my Benzomatic is rather worse for wear now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blow Torch, which one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Evening all..! Just a couple of questions really.... 1. I have just bought a used hilmor (15-22mm) pipe bender. Do you have to use hilmor guides...
Replies
Views
T
R
Hi, im in need of another blowtorch, are new blowtorches rubbish compared to the older ones from 20-30 years ago? anyway which of the 2 would be...
Replies
Views
JJayMan
J
C
Sorry about the title but with all the trainees about, I had to grab everyones attention and stand out somehow! I am looking for someone who...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
T
Hello Im 23 years old and now coming to the end of a two year City & Guilds 6129 plumbing course which i have funded myself. After three years...
Replies
Views
jono1987
J
B
Help me, I am currently studying the 6129 in Basic Plumbing and am in desperate need of a plumber or plumbing organisation that will be prepared...
Replies
Views
vincentsrus
V

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock